Any difference with antialiasing / anisotropic filtering (1 Viewer)

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    The new VMR9 settings in the latest SVN, what are the differences and which is best?

Point, Bilenear, Anisotropic, Pyrimidal Quad or Gaussian Quad Filtering.

Beer Hunter

Portal Member
    January 1, 2007
    North East Scotland
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    As MP's GUI is D3D (all elements are D3D), those settings might affect the "beauty" of the GUI rendering. Video won't be affected by this, for that you have the deinterlacer settings in your codecs.

In which case there may be a bug with either the Nvidia driver I'm using or MP. When I turn the settings up, TV begins to stutter like mad when there are no GUI elements on the screen.
    I suspect MP as the TV2000 application doesn't suffer from this.

Kev.

CHli

Portal Pro
    July 5, 2005
    Switzerland
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Playing with these settings caused me lots of trouble, sluggish MP performance everywhere. So I set High Peformance and no FSAA and no AF and MP is fast and I couldn't see any difference in quality on my CRT monitor.

diehard2

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2006
    Chicago
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hi, I added those options. The newest vmr9 settings change the resizing algorithm to take advantage of your underlying video hardware. Your results may vary. Ideally, you should turn on non-square mixing and choose gaussian quad filter. There is currently not any checking to make sure your video card can actually implement the settings, so you may want to look in the logs and see if there is an error (search for string DX)

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Sums up the problem I am having. Sorry if I wasn't clear. No, #selectedthumb is not preserved on going to the next window. That's exactly what I am trying to solve. An example is moving from mytvrecordedtv.xml to mytvRecordedInfo. The variable changes from a screen grab thumbnail from the video file to a channel logo during...
    Sums up the problem I am having. Sorry if I wasn't clear. No, #selectedthumb is not preserved on going to the next window. That's...
    Good evening, I have a basic understanding of using skin.setstring and am able to set a skin property when a control gets focus...
    Replies
    Views
    I have looked at your log files, but as usual they are unintelligible gobbledegook. (I am sure that the original developers who wrote that code know what the log entries mean, but those developers have long since retired from the MP team.) I regret to say that I think that you will have to use the "brute force" method to track down...
    I have looked at your log files, but as usual they are unintelligible gobbledegook. (I am sure that the original developers who...
    Sometimes when displaying the OSD whilst playing a recorded TV show the video freezes and the sound continues for about 30 seconds...
    Replies
    Views
    Playing audio cd's keeps stopping at random in the middle of songs. It can happen on the first song or sometimes after a few songs have played. If I press Next, it will start playing the next song. This happens with BASS and Wasapi players. It does not happen if I use Internal dshow player (which doesn't sound as good as either of...
    Playing audio cd's keeps stopping at random in the middle of songs. It can happen on the first song or sometimes after a few songs...
    Playing audio cd's keeps stopping at random in the middle of songs. It can happen on the first song or sometimes after a few songs...
    Replies
    Views
    It works perfect now. All channels have been found, even with the default tuning files. Thank you very much! (y) I'd love seing this change in MP 1.33! :)
    It works perfect now. All channels have been found, even with the default tuning files. Thank you very much! (y) I'd love seing...
    With my new hardware, Windows 11 and MP 1.32 the TV channel scan is not working anymore. The frequencies are scanned but no...
    Replies
    Views
    restarting is supported but depends on the reason why it failed. As an external tool try JDownloader.org - Official Homepage
    restarting is supported but depends on the reason why it failed. As an external tool try JDownloader.org - Official Homepage
    Earlier this year I changed my internet service provider from a landline (where I was consistently overcharged), to a mains-powered...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom