Any way of setting up MediaPortal like XBMC (1 Viewer)

ratboyz

Portal Pro
March 5, 2008
Iv'e been using MediaPortal for 6 Years now. Everybody is going towards XBMC for Streaming Movies, Music,Ect. is there anyway to setup MediaPortal to do the same. I would like to stick with MediaPortal.
Thanks

mm1352000

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 1, 2008
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Country flag
    MediaPortal to do the same.
    It would help if you could specify more clearly what you mean by "the same".

In other words, are there specific things that you know or have heard XBMC can do that you would like to be able to do with MP? Examples would help.

Have you tried and failed to find ways to get MP to do some or all of the above things? If so, short descriptions of your experiences would help.

morpheus_xx

Lead Dev MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Iv'e been using MediaPortal for 6 Years now. Everybody is going towards XBMC for Streaming Movies, Music,Ect. is there anyway to setup MediaPortal to do the same. I would like to stick with MediaPortal.
    Thanks
    You should consider to look at MP2: it can be completely configured from the GUI, has a central server based MediaLibrary for all clients and recently the DLNA-Server plugin made a big progress, allows you to access your media items (audio, video and images) by many UPnP based clients.

ratboyz

Portal Pro
    March 5, 2008
    Sorry what i ment to say. Is there anyway to set up MediaPortal to get Movies from the internet like XBMC. ( From Add Ons Like : Mashup,Ice Films, 1 Channel ect) Thanks Again

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
    J New computer with win10 and how will i set Mediaportal up ? Newcomers Forum 55
    D Newbie Installation, configuration support 3
    da3dsoul [Request] An MVP Plugin example for custom settings in MP2 Plugin Development 2
    M.Hulot MP plays in Internal Blu-ray-Player-mode always first audio stream not the one I chosen in settings General Support 1
    R Correct setting for recordings on shared folder General 0
    M [fixed] [MP2-831] 12h time format shown in TV Guide with Swedish language settings Submit: Bug Reports 27
    joEhSuper Backup Setting - ErrorBackupFolder TV-Server 9
    Rob Hexenmeister [solved] Customising Fanart Handler settings Fanart Handler 3
    joecrow AMD Radeon Settings app. won't start after hibernation. General Support 0
    L [solved] Modifying programmed recording after setting it General 0
    B [solved] How to manually set MAC of TV Server for WOL Installation, configuration support 2
    X MadVR Settings Video & DVD 2
    J Resume from Standby Last Module TV Showing TV Server Settings Television (MyTV frontend and TV-Server) 2
    D Correct wake-on-lan settings General 3
    G MP Crashed during setting up recording. Newcomers Forum 1
    cbr954rr Overtake/overwrite settings for all clients Feature Requests 0
    cbr954rr Same settings on all Clients? General 6
    framug 1.22.0 BasicHome Editor settings for DefaultWide HD skin not kept when update 1.22 3
    N [Question] [MP2-493] Default culture not saved in settings MediaPortal 2 0
    cbr954rr Movie sets in films General 20
    D PC rebuild & MP2 upgrade - how to preserve database and settings? General 1
    cbr954rr Possibillity to export and import all client settings? General 0
    morpheus_xx [Finished] [MP2-802] TV-Settings availability in all TV screens MediaPortal 2 12
    N [will not fix] Changed settings do not take effect until MP2-Client is stopped and restarted. Submit: Bug Reports 4
    ajs [solved] Latest Media Handler - Skin settings - Custom latests items number Fanart Handler 27