Any way of setting up MediaPortal like XBMC (1 Viewer)

ratboyz

Portal Pro
March 5, 2008
Iv'e been using MediaPortal for 6 Years now. Everybody is going towards XBMC for Streaming Movies, Music,Ect. is there anyway to setup MediaPortal to do the same. I would like to stick with MediaPortal.
Thanks

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    MediaPortal to do the same.
    It would help if you could specify more clearly what you mean by "the same".

In other words, are there specific things that you know or have heard XBMC can do that you would like to be able to do with MP? Examples would help.

Have you tried and failed to find ways to get MP to do some or all of the above things? If so, short descriptions of your experiences would help.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Iv'e been using MediaPortal for 6 Years now. Everybody is going towards XBMC for Streaming Movies, Music,Ect. is there anyway to setup MediaPortal to do the same. I would like to stick with MediaPortal.
    Thanks
    You should consider to look at MP2: it can be completely configured from the GUI, has a central server based MediaLibrary for all clients and recently the DLNA-Server plugin made a big progress, allows you to access your media items (audio, video and images) by many UPnP based clients.

ratboyz

Portal Pro
    March 5, 2008
    Sorry what i ment to say. Is there anyway to set up MediaPortal to get Movies from the internet like XBMC. ( From Add Ons Like : Mashup,Ice Films, 1 Channel ect) Thanks Again

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I need to try MadVR, I hope my Intel NAC can manage it.
    I need to try MadVR, I hope my Intel NAC can manage it.
    Remember PAL DVDs of US movies and TV Shows, and how they were converted to 25 fps thus introducing a "smurf lite" pitch on the...
    Replies
    Views
    Prerequisites A Spotify account (free or premium) I've not tested with a free account, but according to spotify it should work. Spotify desktop app installed on same computer as you are going to use with MediaPortal Getting ready Create an app at spotify, use this link: Dashboard | Spotify for Developers, you have to login. Click...
    Prerequisites A Spotify account (free or premium) I've not tested with a free account, but according to spotify it should work...
    Prerequisites A Spotify account (free or premium) I've not tested with a free account, but according to spotify it should work...
    Replies
    Views
    I removed all sign of MySQL, rebooted, did a clean reinstall. It reinstalled 5.6, But I've still got both the same problem - unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts. And Hostname is still in red. I don't understand - this is a dedicated TV computer. Unless an update did this I don't know why there's a problem in the...
    I removed all sign of MySQL, rebooted, did a clean reinstall. It reinstalled 5.6, But I've still got both the same problem -...
    I've been using MediaPortal for 20 or so years. Last night it recorded perfectly. This arvo it doesn't - will run videos but not...
    Replies
    Views
    I uninstalled MP, made sure no sub folders were left n any programmes folders, changed the computer name, rebooted, installed MP and set logs and rebooted and ran TVServer. Didn't do anything in regard to S Loopback adapter. I've been using NextPvr since the problem became insurmountable. Only reason it's not a good long term...
    I uninstalled MP, made sure no sub folders were left n any programmes folders, changed the computer name, rebooted, installed MP...
    I've been using MediaPortal for 20 or so years. Last night it recorded perfectly. This arvo it doesn't - will run videos but not...
    Replies
    Views
    If anyone ever experiences the above, I found a fix. Removing and reinstalling MP-TVSeries fixed it. It must have gotten corrupted during the reinstall of MP. I also had to do the same with TRAKT which had some issues too that were not apparent at the time. All is well once again. :cool:
    If anyone ever experiences the above, I found a fix. Removing and reinstalling MP-TVSeries fixed it. It must have gotten corrupted...
    After much trial and error and comparing this computer with another that was working, I finally found out that Fanarthandler...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom