Any way to change refresh rate to 1080i25? (1 Viewer)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    It is really not easy to see, we can see the issue for less than 1 sec but it repeat itself few seconds after :)
    For sure Yadif fix it on my side :)

LJG

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I have just tried YADIF and various other settings in LAV, and the issue is still there for me :(

I also just started up Live TV on the BBC News HD channel and the news ticker was flicking between being nice and white round text and smooth action, then suddenly jerky and full of horizontal lines, then fine again etc etc. If I close MP, go into the Nvidia settings, change the output to 1080i25, then re-open MP and start live BBC News HD again, the issue is completely gone.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I'm pretty madVR will do the same for you too, because i can get the same with madVR and EVR :(

LJG

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Ah, sorry, I had misunderstood your original post. Are you saying I need to use YADIF and MadVR?

My experience of MadVR so far is that it is really fiddly to set up, any quick pointers on how to best implement it?

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    @lisag
    I downloaded your test file to see how it would behave with my setup.

(1) With my current setup (see my previous post), your file played smoothly (no jerky horizontal scrolling of the tickertape newsfeed). I also checked my judder test file which has horizontal panning, and that played smoothly too.

(2) I then disabled "Use Inverse telecine" in Nvidia settings, but that made no difference -- both files still played smoothly.

(3) I then changed the de-interlace mode in MP video settings from "Force" to "Auto", and your file still played smoothly (I think that this confirms MM's result). However, my judder test file no longer played smoothly -- the horizontal panning juddered horribly. So I think that my judder test file exposes a problem that is different from your tickertape test file.

(4) I then changed the Nvidia settings from "1080p @ 50Hz" to "1080i @ 25Hz" (with MP video de-interlace still set to "Auto"). The result was jerky scrolling on your file, and jerky panning on mine. One oddity that I noticed: an MP pop-up panel appeared for several seconds saying "PAL@50Hz". I don't know what this means: it might mean that the file is 50Hz but is being displayed at 25Hz, or it might mean that MP is switching the output to 50Hz while the file is playing.

(5) I then changed the MP de-interlace mode from "Auto" back to "Force", and the smooth playback returned for both test files.

What to make of all this? I don't know! :confused:

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

LJG

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2012
    Home Country
    @lisag

(4) I then changed the Nvidia settings from "1080p @ 50Hz" to "1080i @ 25Hz" (with MP video de-interlace still set to "Auto"). The result was jerky scrolling on your file, and jerky panning on mine. One oddity that I noticed: an MP pop-up panel appeared for several seconds saying "PAL@50Hz". I don't know what this means: it might mean that the file is 50Hz but is being displayed at 25Hz, or it might mean that MP is switching the output to 50Hz while the file is playing.

Maybe you had refresh rate changing enabled here?

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Ah, sorry, I had misunderstood your original post. Are you saying I need to use YADIF and MadVR?

My experience of MadVR so far is that it is really fiddly to set up, any quick pointers on how to best implement it?
    Yes and no ;) it seems that I m getting the same result than Evr. But worth a try. You can use default setting but on my side I need to enable yadif

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    On my side only ticker tape is jerky but only less than 1 secs and it start around 1 minutes 02 secs. ;)

LJG

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2012
    Home Country
    On my side only ticker tape is jerky but only less than 1 secs and it start around 1 minutes 02 secs. ;)

Yes, that is the issue, it then repeat a few times after that.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Yes, that is the issue, it then repeat a few times after that.
    Yep ;) so I can reproduce your issue, I didn't test with 50hz, my dev monitor accept only 60hz, still I can solve it when setting like my previous screenshot (yadif).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom