Anyone else having issues with MC2XML? (not a Mediaportal issue) (1 Viewer)

WedgeCan

Portal Member
July 26, 2006
Home Country
Canada Canada
@WedgeCan I still use it daily with schedules direct, maybe a provider issue?
Gcarr - I did not try it with Schedules Direct. I had been using it with TVGuide.com and that has stopped working. I tried it again with the version you linked (from the Internet Archive) and I get the same error with TVGuide.com. However, the Internet Archive version - despite showing the same File Version 1.7.0.0 as mine - works with Zap2It.com. My copy, which I grabbed on Dec. 25, 2020, does not work with Zap2It. I thought the Internet Archive version was the same so I never tried it. That's why I switched to Zap2XML.exe.

So, based on your success and my own today, I think we can say that anyone downloading your noted Internet Archive version of mc2xml.exe [i.e., from HERE] can grab North American guide data from (at least):
... but TVGuide.com no longer works. :(

- Tarrow, maybe your problems with Zap2It would be solved this way too (downloading the Internet Archive version)?

tarrow

Portal Member
March 14, 2020
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
WedgeCan, Gcarr,

I downloaded mc2xml.exe from the internet Archive link you provided and I now have Zap2It guide data again.
Thanks for the link!!!

Gcarr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 17, 2014
    Home Country
    Looks like this program expired again, I thought it was due to a Windows 11 update but it no longer worked on any of my pc's. I downloaded again and it works for me now. I don't understand this link though, if you examine it, it looks weird but works.

mc2xml

Last edited:

david_31262

Portal Member
    September 21, 2015
    Home Country
    Looks like this program expired again, I thought it was due to a Windows 11 update but it no longer worked on any of my pc's. I downloaded again and it works for me now. I don't understand this link though, if you examine it, it looks weird but works.

mc2xml
    I had to redownload it too & it now it's working (for SchedulesDirect JSON). You can try to compare file sizes as a first cut on if they are different.

Or, if you remove mx2sml.dat from the folder it'll pop up the configuration prompt that shows the version number.

It seems to now be at 1.7.2.
    I'm not sure where these versions are coming from.

I'd try EPG123, but I'm hooked on the mx2xml "-a" switch that adds a " *" to the titles of new episodes.
    It keeps media portal timers from recording reruns. Can EPG123 record new episodes only?

Gcarr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 17, 2014
    Home Country
    I'd try EPG123, but I'm hooked on the mx2xml "-a" switch that adds a " *" to the titles of new episodes.
    It keeps media portal timers from recording reruns. Can EPG123 record new episodes only?
    I only experimented with epg123 enough to find out if I could get a basic xmltv file just in case mc2xml quit working for good. But that was the extent of my testing. A quick look says it supports a "NEW" flag, but I don't know if that works the same in MP. I'm hooked on mc2xml too, but for me it's the ability to merge 4 different xml files.

tarrow

Portal Member
    March 14, 2020
    Home Country
    I checked and had the same issue with mc2xml.exe. Downloaded the Archive copy and the guide is working again. Still using zap2it for guide data.

Last edited:

Nordfinn

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 18, 2014
    Home Country
    My mc2xml.exe also suddenly stopped working. However, the "archive" copy won't install (and the download is an install package, correct?). I get the error pop up "This installation package could not be opened... etc." Does anyone know what's going on?

Gcarr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 17, 2014
    Home Country
    My mc2xml.exe also suddenly stopped working. However, the "archive" copy won't install (and the download is an install package, correct?). I get the error pop up "This installation package could not be opened... etc." Does anyone know what's going on?
    @Nordfinn It should download as an executable (mc2xml.exe). It's not an install package. You just replace your old file with the new one you downloaded.

mc2xml

Nordfinn

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 18, 2014
    Home Country
    Thanks. But I don't understand what's happening. I copy the file into the correct folder, and it's listed as a "Windows installer," and I cannot run it, even as administrator. Just get the error message. See attached.

Attachments

• Screen shot.docx
      104 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom