Anyone have a Dvico Fusion5 HDTV (ATSC - USA) card working? (1 Viewer)

jim tressler

Portal Pro
June 28, 2005
the dvico software is crap... but.. mp should work with just the drivers.. ie.. no need to fire up the dvico stuff.. make sure you do an autotune and also make sure that timeshifting is off

with the dvico software are you trying to tune encryted qam channels? in versions prior to 3.0.2 of dvico - encrytped qam would crap out the dvico software

check out: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=554911&page=1&pp=30

for info

jim

nst6563 said:
I just got a Dvico HDTV5 gold today and was hoping to just slap it in, do a little configuration, and BAM...watch some TV while on the VPN to work. But it's a no-go. Hell, the Dvico software crashes when searching for channels.

I haven't done anything to the PC except install windows xp sp2, dx9, Theatertek, ***, and media portal. I d/l the latest cvs build of mp and still can't tune any channels. should I just blow it all away and start from scratch?

any help is appreciated.

the htpc specs are:
Abit AI7
P4 3Ghz
512mb dual channle ddr
40gb drive (boot and programs)
120gb drive (storage for PVR and dvd iso's)
Ati 9600xt w/DVI>RGBHV
Dvico Fusion HDTV5 Gold
Sony 53HS10 HDTV monitor (native res is 1920x1080i)

thx

nst6563

Portal Pro
August 26, 2005
well, I'm not sure if it's encrypted or not. It's Charter cable. I have a friend locally here that has a HDTV tuner built into his tv, and it picks up the HDTV channels just fine - no need for a cable card or cable box.

I tried the autotune in Dvico, and it looked like it was finding HD content, but then it bombs out with some error message (like an idiot, I didn't write it down or take a screenshot either). When I do the autotune in MP, it doesn't find anything. It just zips right on through the channels and doesn't find anything...not even analog content (which the Dvico crapware did).

the version of Dvico software I had on the CD was 3.0.4, which upon checking their website...isn't even up there yet.

jim tressler

Portal Pro
June 28, 2005
Re: Works Now!!!!! - Sort of

http://www.myshare.de/

the latest cvs builds still only work for live tv .. no timeshifting..

with a little luck .2.0.0 pre will be out on Friday that should directly have Transport stream recording, which will enable recording

jim

audball said:
Hey Jim,
Where is that link for that 8-24 build? The latest build on sourceforge is 7-16 for 1.3.

gmanning

Portal Member
August 22, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
Hey Jim, how is .2.0.0pre working for you now? I just got Dvico's 3.10 (now they have 3.11) working last night, and I am hoping to move on setting up Media Portal next. Any tips to make that go smoother?

Gary

jim tressler

Portal Pro
June 28, 2005
gary - I got an hd tivo last week so the htpc has taken a back seat.. but I am in the process of getting it up and running again - I downloaded the 3.11 drivers today - once I reroute my ota antenna I will get it fired up again - hopefully this weekend.. as far as .2.0.0pre - live tv is fine, but timeshifting did not work.. of course that was 1 month ago, so I still need to test the latest cvs build.. I will post when I do

jim

gmanning said:
Hey Jim, how is .2.0.0pre working for you now? I just got Dvico's 3.10 (now they have 3.11) working last night, and I am hoping to move on setting up Media Portal next. Any tips to make that go smoother?

Gary

rothgar

Portal Member
January 11, 2006
It has been a couple of months and RC2 is out. Have you had a chance to try this out again.
I also was wondering if you are able to use the Remote that comes with the tuner card and if there are any differences between the gold plus and gold light card besides the component input.

I just want to make sure I am not missing anything either. Are these the steps you took to get live hdtv to work.

Install card
install latest dvico drivers
install media portal
auto tune channels
watch live tv

was there any other configuring you had to do to get the card to work? I am debating buying this card but have had reservations because I was not sure how much it was supported.

Thank you for your help.

**edit** well i just ordered one. I hope this works out. Please still post any steps and tweaks you used to get the card to work.

Slack

Portal Member
January 26, 2005
NC, USA
I'd also like to know if this card works.

What are the USA based ATSC / OTA / Terrestrial people using that plays nice with Mediaportal?

What about the MyHD card?

jim tressler

Portal Pro
June 28, 2005
Rothgar - the remote works fine with media portal but you have to use the dvico remote program to teach the dvico remote to work with mp first.

I would first verify that live tv is smooth via the dvico drivers and fusion program - then install mp, configure it - if the dvico drivers are working, mp will find the fusion card. From the tv configuration, tell it to use the dvico zulu dxva driver for mpeg2 decoding. In the same page, you can either use the dvico ac3 decoder for audio or use the mpeg decoder included with media portal. Under the fusion card window in the mp configuration there is an autotune button - hit it and it will find your digital stations only - mp can not do ntsc with the dvico card

start it up verify live hdtv - then add the latest cvs and enjoy!

Hopefully the atsc engine will be out or fixed soon!

Jim

rothgar said:
It has been a couple of months and RC2 is out. Have you had a chance to try this out again.
I also was wondering if you are able to use the Remote that comes with the tuner card and if there are any differences between the gold plus and gold light card besides the component input.

I just want to make sure I am not missing anything either. Are these the steps you took to get live hdtv to work.

Install card
install latest dvico drivers
install media portal
auto tune channels
watch live tv

was there any other configuring you had to do to get the card to work? I am debating buying this card but have had reservations because I was not sure how much it was supported.

Thank you for your help.

**edit** well i just ordered one. I hope this works out. Please still post any steps and tweaks you used to get the card to work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom