Anyone have a Dvico Fusion5 HDTV (ATSC - USA) card working? (1 Viewer)

marm

January 15, 2006
I wish I had known that this card would not work with MP I would have thought about buying a different HD card.

Oh well hopefully somebody will chime in here on how to get the cards to work.

nst6563

Portal Pro
August 26, 2005
ok, I got MP to find the channels, but only OTA channels. Here's the kicker though....I don't have any sound. WTF? Dvico software works perfect. But I get no sound in MP despite my experimenting with the different audio codecs (including Dvico's).

Any ideas?

I may grab the latest CVS and give it a shot this evening if I have time.

jim tressler

Portal Pro
June 28, 2005
different cvs builds have been known to kill the tv engine from time to time.. its important to remember that the mp team is working (slowly) on an atsc engine - however, its difficult for them becasue they cant test it - they have to rely on us - and quite frankly, there is not a lot of "us" yet.. If you look somewhere on the forum, you will find a developer that was going to take a stab at an atsc engine (I believe he wrote the engine that sagetv uses) - but we have not heard from him in a while.. in the mean time, I have not tested the tv function much recently.. I will get the latest cvs and report my experiences with my fusion 5

jim

crickert

Portal Member
January 14, 2006
Iowa
It may help if in this thread people specify which of the USA based Fusion 5 products they are using:

Fusion 5 Gold (pci)
Fusion 5 Lite (pci)
Fusion 5 Gold (usb)

For the record, I have the USB version using only an OTA antenna. MP only autotunes the OTA analog channels. It does not scan any of the digital ATSC channels. I'm using the latest MP RC - haven't tried CVS.

It seems like people have had different experiences with these dvico cards/pvr app combinations. I'm following threads on AVS, gbpvr, and mediaportal.

Right now, in MP, everything seems broke with the Fusion 5 usb

With Gbpvr, the recording and playback engine does an excellent job - however live tv is broken.

Anyone else own the USB version?

rothgar

Portal Member
January 11, 2006
I have the PCI fusionhdtv gold plus card.

I am going to try out this application tonight http://mysite.verizon.net/watchhdtv/home/watchhdtv.html

It says it works with the usb version for live, recording, and time shifting. I will check if it works with the pci gold plus tonight.

I have also been watching the Got All Media forums because they had the fusionHDTV3 working. I didn't test it out enough to say it does not work but from what people in the forums are saying they are in the same boat as us.

I sure wish developers from Got all Media, Watchhdtv, and MP could get together and make something great :)

**edit** ok i am working with watchHDTV right now and if it works it looks like it will only be for OTA which is no good for me. So someone else can give this software a shot.

crickert

Portal Member
January 14, 2006
Iowa
I tried Got All Media tonight with my Fusion 5 USB tuner - it actually works the best out of everything I've thrown at it as far as live HDTV goes. No hiccups on playback - autotuning wasn't exactly automatic - i manually added all the OTA atsc channels.

WatchHDTV is in the same boat as Dvico's software. Good for simply viewing HDTV but it has a horrible UI and lacks a usable guide/scheduling module.

I actually like MP's UI over Got All Media's - so I'm hoping things get ironed out with these Dvico tuners.

rothgar

Portal Member
January 11, 2006
I tried Beyondtv4 last night and it only works OTA. I was able to get some analog stations but no sound or program guide when watching those.

I have talked to DVICO and asked them about 3rd party support and they said.
Hi.
We think it is something to do with 3'rd party program.
We're supporting the BDA driver and this driver is available in OTA channel right now.
This is ms spec at this moment.
If 3'rd party utility must support the QAM, they'll develop within their software.
As you know, we cannot open all source to 3'rd party utility.
Thanks.

there is hope that Vista's spec will support QAM but that is not for sure. I believe mythtv supports QAM (if you use the latest kernal, latest cvs from video4linux, and build everything yourself) but until that is easier to set up I will still be watching MP, GAM, GBPVR, Beyondtv. I guess I will try sage tv next although the whole point of this being free is thrown out the window with beyondtv and sage tv.

thinksnow

January 29, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
5Lite owner here, but it's been un-mapped for months and I've only been using my PVR-250.

I'd be interested in helping however I can.

tchamp2

Portal Member
January 25, 2006
How do you add digital channels manually? I know the "ATSC" page is there on the channel add, but some of the "required" info is things I just don't know. Is there a lookup for such things?

Tim

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom