Anyone have a Dvico Fusion5 HDTV (ATSC - USA) card working? (1 Viewer)

Commodore 64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    If you can get your card to autotune, disable EPG grabbing and Timeshifting. It might work then. I use a VBox DTA-150 and I can view ATSC channels. I jsut can't timeshift or record them yet. If you haven't already figure dit out, ATSC support for MP is very problematic due to the lack of developers and testers. It's a North American Standard and roughly 7/8 of the MP user base is located elsewhere.

So the best thing you can do is try what I have said with your Fusion cards. Or, If you can't even get them to autotune, PM me, post here, or find me on IRC (commy64 or c64|work). If your card has good BDA drivers (Like Vbox), We should be able to get you viewing TV at least.

From that point, we can try to verify and duplicate errors and issues with ATSC and get them into the Mantis bugtracking system. I'll be your liason for that part...Help me test ATSC cards, and I will communicate issues with the Devs and we will see if we can't get it sorted out. Part of the problem is keeping track of all the issues and problems and there are hundreds of posts everyday. As of right now, I'm the ATSC testing guy. I can't program, but I can test. I've only got a Vbox card. You've all got other cards. You test, you have issues, you communicate them to me, and I will take that info straight to the Devs. Please post your issues in the forums, as well, but realize that I and other devs may miss your post or thread due to our work schedules and real life issues such as potty training our 2-yeard old daughters.

Again, Everyone who is able to autotune an ATSC card, disable EPG grabbing and time shifting. Try to view from there. Let me know about your problems. If you crash, hang, or have issues, zip your entire C:programFiles\Team Media Portal Media Portal\log folder and send it to com64vic28@yahoo.com and include a description of your issue.

Anyone else who is reading this and is considering buying an ATSC card for MediaPortal: go to www.pcalchemy.com They have Vbox cards. I know the Vbox DTA-150 works for viewing TV. Hopefully we'll get recording and timeshifting sorted out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom