Anyone know of a HTPC case with dual 120mm exhaust fans? (1 Viewer)

coopers

Portal Pro
November 8, 2005
Adelaide
Home Country
They just the stock fans, or did you get something special?

I take it there is a jumper to run them at a lower voltage?

Muldini

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 11, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I only quickly checked this (im using a german guide) but its basically the same.
    It's really easy and you reduce them by nearly 50% (21db -> nothing, 2000 rpms -> 1000 in the Silverstone cases). (rough guesses)

http://www.overclockers.com/tips766/

Or as i said if you want to spend some money check this -> http://www.zalman.co.kr/eng/product/view.asp?idx=70&code=017

Its quite cheap aswell :)

/edit Forgot to mention that some mainboards ofc support software control of fan speed, but i think not all do ?!?

Regards, Muldini

coopers

Portal Pro
    November 8, 2005
    Adelaide
    Home Country
    I think the zalman product probably is better. :)

Wierd that it's inside the case, where you can't get to it.

I haven't decided on a system yet, I will probably go for a mobo with PWM fan control anyway, so I can then decide if I need a zalman fan thingo.

thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Hallo Patrik-See, Windows can handle different resulutions on the Screens, Of course the Setup is in "extended Mode" so the small Touchscreen is the Main screen and the TV is the extended Screen. Typically I use the the HTPC to listen to Music or Radio, therefore i use the "old" Winamp. The winamp can be easily started and...
    Hallo Patrik-See, Windows can handle different resulutions on the Screens, Of course the Setup is in "extended Mode" so the small...
    Hello folks, I just want to show you my HTPC upgrade. During the last weeks I've had some spare time and decided to update to...
    Replies
    Views
    Hello!!! I use a handy app called catchin' sync to roughly check the AV sync of audio/video on my HTPC/TV. It's not as accurate as a dedicated opto-electronic calibrator but it's more than adequate for this application and much better than trying to do things by eye (even when the lack of sync is massively obvious, subjective...
    Hello!!! I use a handy app called catchin' sync to roughly check the AV sync of audio/video on my HTPC/TV. It's not as accurate as...
    Hello!!! I use a handy app called catchin' sync to roughly check the AV sync of audio/video on my HTPC/TV. It's not as accurate as...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 MP2 DLNA status? DE
    What I meant is that we have a MP2 plugin called UPnP Render that can play media from DLNA servers if I remember correctly. I don't know the current state of the plugin though. That's why MP2 probably never will be certified. ;) Yes, that was also the idea, but it is a big job as all TV's, software etc. seems to not do everything...
    What I meant is that we have a MP2 plugin called UPnP Render that can play media from DLNA servers if I remember correctly. I don't...
    So I'm wondering what the state of play is with MP2 and DLNA functionality? When I started this post, I did see some posts...
    Replies
    Views
    I found the same anyone starting out can very easily get lost in the plugin then patch then ask for help which can be a while coming round about as the are sometimes a few patches that apply to a specific problem and sometimes need to be applied in a specific order for the fix to be successful. Do this for all the plugins you would...
    I found the same anyone starting out can very easily get lost in the plugin then patch then ask for help which can be a while...
    Hi everyone. I am a big fan of MediaPortal. I have been using it for several years now and I hope to do so in the future. I have a...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 Ongoing My first HTPC build... DE
    Actually, the 2250 is for Clear-QAM capture and one set-top box. (DirecTV receiver) The Colossus 2 is for my cable STB until I can figure out which streaming services give me the programs I want to watch. Once that's done, then the Colossus will do VCR capture and the 2250 will do LaserDisc capture - until I get my entire video...
    Actually, the 2250 is for Clear-QAM capture and one set-top box. (DirecTV receiver) The Colossus 2 is for my cable STB until I...
    While I've built my own PCs for years now, this is the first time I've built one to be a dedicated HTPC. Right now, the hardware...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom