App to Copy Artwork and Details to Movie Folder v0.5.6 (1 Viewer)

Surferosa

Portal Pro
September 2, 2009
Home Country
England England
Re: App to Copy Artwork and Details to Movie Folder

I do access across a network- no problems at all.

With regard the movie files- not with the offial firmware as I understand it. But I have heard people (different forums) tell me the unoffical one is very good. Ive never tried it because I keep the WDTV as an easy out-of-the-box solution. MP does everything I need when I want something more- so my WDTV Live is really a backup (kids use it).

Unofficial Firmware here: General Information ? Firmware Releases
Screenshots: http://i.imgur.com/XdcWH.jpg

Other sites you may find helpful:
forum.wdlxtv.com • Homebrew forum for WDTV devices
WDTVLive Downloads Site
WikiDLXTV

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006

ive also got a WDTV live, do you access the movies via network? if so, do you know if its possible not to show the jpg files and show only the movie files with the cover on it?

thanks

Create a folder for each movie and have folder.jpg be the cover image you want to use. When browsing the folders, instead of the name, you will then see the cover images (more like icons), and when entering the folder, the movie will play.

The WD Hub will add metadata to this, so you can also see summary, and other info.

Surferosa

Portal Pro
    September 2, 2009
    Home Country
    England England

The movie doesn't play when you enter the folder- you still have to select the file (ie the .mkv / .avi) you want to play. Plus, the .jpg that you have copied into the folder in order for it to show up as an icon also shows up.

One of the poorer bits of design is that there is no way (without modifying the firmware) of only seeing certain files types (ie just the file types catered for by Video). So in each of my movie folders, I have a .nfo, a jpg, a .txt, perhaps subs- and they all show up inside the sub-folder (even though you can't play them). Same with music (if you select a .avi when browsing 'Music' it doesnt play). Which begs the question- why have sub-categories at all?

The unofficial firmware does look very good though. Certainly makes it much more pleasing on the eye.

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain

thanks to both of you.

is there any way of creating the folders automatically? i will probably die if i try to do it manually.

so in terms of network. we all have the same problem,right? then i guess the best solution is creating the folders, please let me know if there is an automatic way of doing so.

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain

thanks just tried it and works wonders !!

only missing the possibility to delete the "old" folder where the movie was in, before it was moved.

i ended up with some old folders with nfo files inside but with no movie

thanks

Markor

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 22, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: App to Copy Artwork and Details to Movie Folder

Hi jmcentire,

first of all: Thank you for your program!

I have a HTPC with a small resolution 1024x576 (tube TV). The Resolution of your program is fix so I cannot press the Save Button in the options Dialog. Can you modify the resolution for the program?

:D

RYOnL.jpg

zicoz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway

Can this run through a task scheduler?

Would be nice to have one computer where I do all the importing using the IMDB+ script, and then use this program to move/create folder/background.jpg and XBMC nfo and then have the other HTPCs set up to only use the XBMC nfo and local folder/background.jpg.

Markor

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 22, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: App to Copy Artwork and Details to Movie Folder

My solution:

Set the Focus on the Edit Field "Moving Pictures DB" --> press tab
    The Focus is now on "Browse" --> press tab and enter

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom