ATI AIW 9800 and earlier support gone! (1 Viewer)

icepick

Portal Member
June 23, 2005
Colorado
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I noticed that support for these really new cards where removed.

I, unfortunately updated to the latest Radeon drivers, and they had some major changes in their MMC, and I suspect driver code. This would explain why support has been dropped, but I hope its only temporary :(

IcePIck

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Yes 9600 or above should be fine.

We tried to fudge the 9200 & earlier support but the ATI encoders didn't wanna play ball with those cards.
    It actually states on ATI's web site that the encoder supports 9600 or greater.

Read the notes in the supported card list.

DMAN

icepick

Portal Member
    June 23, 2005
    Colorado
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Oh

I guess the "eairlyer" word is a bit confusing. Or I'm flat wrong - but I suspect that it's the first :lol: :lol:

Welp, I can't get my 9800 AIW working with the latest CVS and the latest ATI driver. Any one else experiencing this?

ddahlstrom

Portal Member
    October 25, 2005
    Re: Oh

I have an ATI AIW 9800. I last explored Media Portal about a year ago and found it pretty cool. In fact, I even got deep enough into it to submit a few bug fixes that were accepted into the product. Unfortunately, at the time I still found it too rough around the edges to use regularly. The TV support, however, actually worked pretty good.

A few days ago I decided to give MP another try. I went ahead and installed RC4. DVD, Music, etc. all worked great (gotta love that new Razor skin!), but the TV just wouldn't tune properly. So figuring my drivers were outdated, I did a full uninstall of all the ATI stuff and installed the latest Catalyst 6.5 and MMC 9.14. Now the TV does absolutely nothing. Just a black screen no matter what combination of codecs I choose.

Another recent message on the forum here says that MP works perfectly with the 9800 using the Catalyst 6.2 and MMC 9.13 software. I may give that a try tonight. But if anyone has any other suggestions, I'd love to hear them.

Dave

icepick said:
    I guess the "eairlyer" word is a bit confusing. Or I'm flat wrong - but I suspect that it's the first :lol: :lol:

Welp, I can't get my 9800 AIW working with the latest CVS and the latest ATI driver. Any one else experiencing this?

ddahlstrom

Portal Member
    October 25, 2005
    Well, I tried registering the atimcenc.dll file as explained in the wiki link, but there was no difference. Granted, I am using MMC 9.14 and 9.13, but I wouldn't have thought it would make a difference.

I guess I'll have to try downgrading...it's too bad though.

Is there anyone successfully using a 9800 AIW with RC4 and the latest Catalyst/MMS?

ddahlstrom

Portal Member
    October 25, 2005
    Thanks for the info...but...unfortunately, what I see in GraphEdit on my machine does not correspond at all to the instructions. For example, there is no capture filter under BDA Receiver Components in step 3, so I can proceed no further. Unless I knew more about what this utility does, I'm pretty much stuck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom