ATI Catalyst™ 8.12 Display Driver is out! (1 Viewer)

damaster

Portal Pro
November 23, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
Just tried the 8.12 drivers on my system (see spec in my profile), DXVA is working on x264 encoded files (no subtitles obviously).

I'm on XP and use VMR9 so never had flickering problem caused by graphics drivers.

It's taken so long to get DXVA working I don't think I'll ever change them!

That's strange. DXVA has been working for me since 8.5 and earlier. On Vista, with EVR using MPC Video Decoder and Cyberlink decoders.

KRA

Portal Pro
July 5, 2005
Home Country
Norway Norway
Deinterlace is broken for me with these. If I set it to auto or vector adaptive, it's still weave.

damaster

Portal Pro
November 23, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
Deinterlace is broken for me with these. If I set it to auto or vector adaptive, it's still weave.

Which GPU? I've noticed that happen to my 2600Pro on older versions of Catalyst as well, however with my 3470 I don't have that issue (with 8.11, haven't tried 8.12 yet).

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I'm on XP and use VMR9 so never had flickering problem caused by graphics drivers.
    Well, I'm on XP + HD3450, and I experience "black boxes" in preview window and similar (like in the EPG, when going far to left or right). Might be my imagination, but it seems better w/8.12. The impact is skin dependent; Blue3 is more affected than Indigo.

KRA

Portal Pro
    July 5, 2005
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    4650 chipset, deinterlace is broken in all software (not just mp) playing .ts files from mediaportal (havn't tested anything else)

I just installed MPC-HC codecs for mpg2, i'm not 100% sure if these are dxva, but I get deinterlacing with them.

fanformusik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Just installed 8.12 drivers (yes I know, I am somewhat late): seem to work fine, unless you turn DXva on:
    SDTV + DXVA -> frequent bluescreens
    HDTV (H264) + DXVA -> green/distorted picture
    without DXVA -> Video is ok

Still no reliable HW acceleration with 8.12 ! I am waiting for 9.1 now.....

frenzy

Portal Pro
    April 29, 2008
    Home Country
    France France
    SDTV + DXVA -> frequent bluescreens
    HDTV (H264) + DXVA -> green/distorted picture
    without DXVA -> Video is ok

Τhat's just the tip of the iceberg. MP and 8.12 full of incompatibilities here. If I turn anything on in CCC, MP gets quirky.
    But it is a little better than previous drivers, so we hang on...

look

Portal Member
    January 31, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    no picture after upgrade

Just installed the 8.12 drivers and now I get a blank screen when watching video

I must have missed 8.11 because rolling back to that has the same problem

8.10 is fine.

I think I've missed something...

any quick fix?

I'd like to use the new drivers as mirrors edge performs much better.

Cheers

l00k

frenzy

Portal Pro
    April 29, 2008
    Home Country
    France France
    Just installed the 8.12 drivers and now I get a blank screen when watching video

I must have missed 8.11 because rolling back to that has the same problem

8.10 is fine.

I think I've missed something...

any quick fix?

I'd like to use the new drivers as mirrors edge performs much better.

Cheers

l00k

Try switching to auto on all AA and AF.

Users who are viewing this thread