ATI Catalyst™ 8.12 Display Driver is out! (1 Viewer)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hardware acceleration works fine here too - 8.12 + HD3200 + XP SP3 + VRM9

dakota_ii

Portal Pro
    January 2, 2006
    kiwijunglist,

could you please give me your settings to switch on hardware acceleration ? I am also on xp sp3 and an intergrated HD3200.

I upgraded to 8.12 yesterday but I am not sure if I found all settings in the ccc and in mp config.

My cpu load on HD television is around 40 %

Marcus

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    The only setup i needed was to go into mediaportal config
    Make sure expert mode is on
    Under television set the h264 codec to the cyberlink h264 codec
    Then under direct show filter settings, make sure the pdvd8 codec is set to use hardware acceleration and check the render is VRM9 (I think all these settings are default)

You probably have another codec getting in the way. If you know how to use graphedit you could load the graph and see if there is anything between the hvr and the renderer getting in the way.

If that doesn't work i suggest you do exactly the following

Update bios to F7
    Click load optimised defaults in bios
    Disable cool n quiet

Format computer
    Install windows xp sp3
    Install .NET 2.0 Framework
    Install ATI SUITE 8.12
    Install Reaktek R2.03 Audio driver
    Install cyberlink pdvd8 ultra
    Run the upgrade to latest build of pdvd8 ultra
    Download MPC-HC standalone filter called MPCVideoDec.ax, copy to system32 folder, and run regsvr32 to regester it
    Install MP 1.0.0.0
    Install dvbfix
    Instal Halli renderer (click enable AVI support)
    Setup TV Server
    Setup MP as above

DONT INSTALL ANY OTHER CODECS

** EDIT - I actually usually install SP2 then realtek driver then SP3 update, because for some reason audio driver doesn't like SP3 **

You should have h.a. for freeview (hopefully)

I actually have had h.a working since about catalyst 8.8, but it used to crash or glitch a lot especially with 1080i HDTV. With 8.11 it worked for quite a while but would still get stuck in glitches. Now with 8.12 everything seems very stable.

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    I am afraid you can face conflicts using PowerDVD8 and MPC-HC standalone filter, mostly PowerDVD8 H264 will be used even if you choose MPC-HC in MP config.

Format computer
    Install windows xp sp3
    Install .NET 2.0 Framework
    Install ATI SUITE 8.12 (Catalyst 8.5 for better compatibility/100% DXVA stable VC-1, H264 and MPEG2 - doesn't support ATI 4xxx)
    Install Reaktek R2.03 Audio driver
    Install MP 1.0.0.0 + latest SVN
    Install dvbfix
    Instal Halli media splitter (click enable AVI support)
    Install SAF - this will install MPC-HC filter and configure it correctly
    Setup TV Server
    Setup MP as above

@dakota_ii
    If your HDTV is based on h.264, it will be not working becouse MP ts splitter doesn't work with MPC-HC decoder. MPEG2 HD working fine.

mortstar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    Home Country
    England England

What do you mean by this?

I have MPC-HC filter installed and it works perfectly in 'Videos' playback and I can't remember having to set anything imparticular. It still does not work in Live TV though as TSReader cannot connect to MPC-HC resulting in black screen.

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic

I have MPC-HC filter installed and it works perfectly in 'Videos' playback and I can't remember having to set anything imparticular. It still does not work in Live TV though as TSReader cannot connect to MPC-HC resulting in black screen.

If you just register MPC-HC first time, it have disabled DXVA. You need to enabled it first...
    Here: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...-55/standalone-filters-mediaportal-saf-44614/

mortstar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    Home Country
    England England

If you just register MPC-HC first time, it have disabled DXVA. You need to enabled it first...
    Here: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...-55/standalone-filters-mediaportal-saf-44614/

I see

Well using GraphStudio I can see that DXVA is being used on my ATi 3870. Unfortunately whenever I connect to a remote graph in GraphStudio it never shows the filters (strange one this I don't know if anybody has seen it before - the play controls at the top of GraphStudio are active but no filters are shown in the window at all!?!? Same with GraphEdit).

However, I can tell that DXVA is being used in MP, in applicable files, because of CPU usage.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I am afraid you can face conflicts using PowerDVD8 and MPC-HC standalone filter, mostly PowerDVD8 H264 will be used even if you choose MPC-HC in MP config.

I found the combination of PDVD8 H264 + MPCVideoDec works fine

I tried SAF, but unfortunately it didn't give me h.a. of DVB-T 1080i h264 HDTV (No picture)
    I tried SAF + PDVD8, but still didn't get h.a. for HDTV
    I then tried PDVD8 alone, that gave me h.a. for HDTV however i couldn't play mkv files.
    I then added Hali, and i could play most but not all mkv files.
    Then i registered MPCVideoDec.ax and i could play all mkv files
    I setup MPCVideoDec as prefered coder for video, however when play .ts recordings i'm pretty sure it falls back to PDVD8 which is perfect.

I appreciate your work with SAF, but unfortunately for me, something in SAF messes with DXA of 1080i H264 DVB-T HDTV.

Dannydeman

Portal Pro
    May 5, 2008
    I have a weird problem (like always).
    WMVHD's with DXVA enabled are totally green with artifacts. Also, I have tearing in 720P content, so enabled the Direct3D fullscreen feature. Seems like DXVA doesn't work with that? If I disable the feature I could play some 1920x1080 sony bravia MPG demo's with 2% CPU, now its like 60-100%. They play without lag though.

Is there any other way to get rid of the mysterious tearing which only occurs in 720P MKV's of all the TV-series? Or can I enable DXVA in direct3d mode somehow?

Users who are viewing this thread