ATI Catalyst™ 9.1 out now! (1 Viewer)

Dannydeman

Portal Pro
May 5, 2008
If I enable Aero and try MPC-HC, the screen is stuttering like hell. But the CPU is still around 20% though.
Without Aero everything is fine.

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
Most of DXVA support was removed:
zwischenablagebildpu5.png

Dannydeman

Portal Pro
May 5, 2008
Important note:

If you restart your PC, DXVA will be unavailable, if you shutdown and then put the PC back on, DXVA magicly comes back. This was also the case in 8.12
Check yourself if you dont believe me ;)

asagala

Portal Pro
December 13, 2008
Montreal
Home Country
Canada Canada
I have a 3200HD onboard and I get the same output as hoborg gets. DXVA mostly deactivated. Downgraded to 8.12 and now can use DXVA again.

edterbak

Portal Pro
March 4, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
For me more or less the same story. I have a ATI HD4350
Tried 9.1 and dxva seems broken with a lot of file types. Got the same result with DXVA checker as posted by Hoborg.
Downgraded again to 8.12, and all is OK again.

edterbak

Portal Pro
March 4, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Thats interessting Htpcfreak. :)
Can anyone else confirm htpcfreaks results? Otherwise Im not going to try it again. Just got it working again. :)

sand

Portal Pro
January 15, 2007
Home Country
Croatia Croatia
works ok here
also using hd tweaks on 2400 agp and 3450 pci-e cards

edterbak

Portal Pro
March 4, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
hmm.. 2 people with no problems. OK Im going to give it another try and report back if the hd reg tweaks have workd or not :)

[edit]

Still no succes. I have 2 options available for dxva. see picture.

I also added the 8.12 picture of the DXVA check.

Im going back again to 8.12.
Other people have troubles with this as well. Just read about it on AMD forum.
AMD Game Forums - Cat 9.1 - Broken video acceleration

Attachments

• ATI9.1 after HD reg.png
    ATI9.1 after HD reg.png
    82.5 KB
  • ATI8.12 after HD reg.png
    ATI8.12 after HD reg.png
    85.3 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

MP1 MP2 MP2 - V2.5 No genres after upgrade to 2.5 DE
You need to check the wiki for TVMosaic, you have recordings as source available once TVM is installed. And of course images and music are part of the NET6 version as for NET4. If you have issues with it further infos would be good.
You need to check the wiki for TVMosaic, you have recordings as source available once TVM is installed. And of course images and...
Make sure that your system (Windows, codecs and drivers) is up to date, matching the Requirements and you've filled in your System...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 1.30.0 BBC One HD disappeared! DE
OK I looked in the TV channels list and there is only one entry for BBC One HD (channel 101), clicked on preview and got an error message "preview failed: no PMT found " I think I may have found the reason - I read on another forum that the Bluebell hill mast will not be upgraded until the 27th June!
OK I looked in the TV channels list and there is only one entry for BBC One HD (channel 101), clicked on preview and got an error...
Hi, The BBC have recently made changes to their DVB-T2 broadcasts and now I can no longer find BBC one HD , I have scanned three...
Replies
Views
(egg in face) I had to dnld SD plugin mpe1 to re install. trying again Thnx
(egg in face) I had to dnld SD plugin mpe1 to re install. trying again Thnx
Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 [News] MediaPortal 2 - 2.5 Release DE
Will be version 2.5.1 ready quite soon? I read somewhere it will be a bugfix release, no new features are probably not in focus.
Will be version 2.5.1 ready quite soon? I read somewhere it will be a bugfix release, no new features are probably not in focus.
We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.5 MediaPortal 2.5 is a full-blown media center software that addresses most common user...
Replies
Views
I have recently updated from MP 1.30 to 1.31 on a Win 11 PC slightly different to your software set up but given Win 10 is still supported I doubt there are many major differences regarding the ".NET Runtime Optimization Service". On my setup I am not seeing any significant CPU usuage MP takes around 3% and the TV Service is...
I have recently updated from MP 1.30 to 1.31 on a Win 11 PC slightly different to your software set up but given Win 10 is still...
Hi, I have a single seat setup with MP 1.31 on a Win10 machine. Since the last automated Windows update the TV-Service produces a...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom