AtmoLight - 1.18.6.0 [2016-09-21] (3 Viewers)

Lightning303

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Argh .. this is what happens when you work in IT .. starting with the mos unlike thing which could be responsible ... actually I had disabled the API Server in Ambibox ... eh kloa ...
    :whistle:

So - teh next issue - left and right I'm mssing 12 out of 48 LED ... Meaning that from the bottom to top the 12 first LED are dark.
    Ok? Cant help with that without any more info, and its an AmbiBox setup issue.

Also - there is a ~ 3.5 sek (!) lag - when I use Ambibox with Windwos8 LiveMode ther is nearly no lag.
    Again, information is needed. What mode are you using then?
    Also, @Rick164 has been working on improving AmbiBox support, please use his last build from https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/lightpack-help.124568/ for AmbiBox.

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    We just added a new official release (1.17.0.0) which contains all the recent fixes from the test releases and more, it might take some time to show up in the Mediaportal Extensions Manager as we had to update the repository location from google code to github.

Highlights of this release

- Remote API support
    - AtmoWakeHelper integration
    - Hue theater mode
    - AtmoOrb Particle Core / Photon support
    - New options to disable leds on minimize / suspended state
    - AmbiBox improvements

More detailed information

Remote API support (Android app)

This new API will allow you to control AtmoLight via an Android app which we have have in internal testing, it will be added to the Google app store soon (depending on approval) where after it will get a new dedicated support/release topic.
    Have some more ideas for the app but once we have our initial release out those can be brainstormed in its own topic.

Small teaser ;)
    AtmoLightRemote.png

AtmoWakeHelper integration

AtmoWakeHelper used to be a separate app which was only needed for troublesome COM reconnects with AtmoWin, this is now part of AtmoLight (under the AtmoWin tab) so you longer need the app if you want.

Hue theather mode

This was suggested by one of our users ( @zekaja ) and what it does is allow you to toggle the Hue lights off/on when movie playback starts/stops, giving you a theater like experience.
    Make sure you update AtmoHue to the latest version listed here

AtmoOrb Particle Core / Photon support

The AtmoOrb device support has been expanded to also control Particle Core / Photon, these devices allow for easy setup and control via IP Multicast and have their own topic guide here

New options to disable leds on minimize / suspended state

There's now a new option in the AtmoLight config to turn off the leds while Mediaportal is minimzed or suspended, by default this feature is not used.

AmbiBox improvements

With the help of the AmbiBox users we were able to improve the AmbiBox support, it's now more stable and less prone to crashes.

Last edited:

Spooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2005
    void 4tl
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Does it send the captured 64x64 frame to AmbiBox or does AtmoLight already send RGB values for all designated areas?

It "sends" the captured frame, and AmbiBox then has to make rgb values out of it.
    AmbiBox is a bit strange in how it wants these frames delivered. Its done through MemoryFiles.
    So on the AtmoLight side i wait until the MemoryFile has a specific byte set to a specific value, then the file is written and AmbiBox is then opening it again. It might be a synchronization problem. As i said i have to investigate further.

https://github.com/ambilight-4-medi...e/Targets/AmbiBox/AmbiBoxHandler.cs#L201-L236
    Hello again. I recently updated to AtmoLight 1.17.0.0 and MediaPortal 1.12.0.0 on the machine running the aforementioned setup with AmbiBox 2.1.7 and Lightpack.

The problem with having "black" frames seems to begone. But, it seems the problem hast just shifted somehow. AtmoLight + AmbiBox + Lightpack basically works, however every X seconds (10 or 20 or so) the captured frame seems to "hang" and then there is a sudden switch to the currently displayed content. Before this 'hang' occurs, the color change happens smoothly.

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Spooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2005
    void 4tl
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    But AtmoLight won't work with AmbiBox 2.1.6 in general as far as I know, are you sure? It doesn't even come with the required MediaPortal script. Also the default FPS setting within AmbiBox is already set to 25 FPS, which seems pretty low to me.

Spooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2005
    void 4tl
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hm, I see, but I don't know how to configure AmbiBox 2.1.6 to work with AtmoLight. It only comes with the XBMC option - or is that sufficient?

With AmbiBox 2.1.7 the MediaPortal logs show no errors whatsoever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom