Atom ION Users Thread (1 Viewer)

bizarro101

Portal Member
November 6, 2010
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: Atom ION Users Thread

I would like to give my two cents.

I used to have MePo since 1.1 RC2 on my Asus ION 330 AT3IONT-i deluxe. I was suprised how well it all worked from the beginning. SD TV runnung good, MPEG2 Video or DVD/iso running as well. Sound via SPDIF.
Installed SAF4 enabled DXVA for 1080p Playback of MKV files.
And again, everything worked well.

Until 2 weeks ago, I tried to playback my third BluRay with MPC HC. I was stuttering. I remembered (at least I thought so) a thread, where one had to re install SAF if updated from MePo 1.1.0 to 1.1.1., which I did some days before. But until that day, everything was working well.

So I re installed SAF and from that day on every playback, either it is SD TV, MPEG2, DVD or ISO, is stuttering. Sometimes it looks really bad, like an old Buster Keaton Movie, dropping frames count goes up.

I am trying to fix things for these 2 weeks now, but still no solution found. Disabling WiFi is a solution for a client/server setup right? I use a single seat setup.

rspierenburg

Portal Pro
June 18, 2010
Home Country
Canada Canada
I found lots and lots of stuttering with my Revo 3610 using the Hauppauge 950q, at first I thought it was a MP issue, then thought perhaps it was a Codec issue, and finally after running MP in windowed and running Task Manager I noticed that my poor Revo was running at 98-100% CPU usage. So I replaced the 950q with the 1950 (has hardware encoding onboard) and now my Revo runs 17-20% cpu with Analog Live TV and maybe 50% with digital 1080i tv. And this is using the MS codecs for Mpeg-2 under tv.

The only real issue I found with Analog TV is that it seems pretty dark, I'm trying to find a way to tweak the brightness but no solutions yet. I've tried the latest version of FFDSHOW Tryouts but the sync problem between video and audio in Live TV was horrible.

I've also found that the best codec for HD 720p, 1080p videos was CoreAVC. Its one of the few that takes advantage of Nvidia CUDA, and after changing the settings in CoreAVC setup, runnning these video shows the '8 ball' as green.

All in all, I love the Revo 3610. For what its spec out as it is a little powerhouse.

Rob

jonm

Portal Pro
January 12, 2009
Wales
Home Country
Wales Wales
Can anyone tell me if it's possible to do full HD i.e. 1080i TV on an ION? Specifically I have an Acer Revo 3610 which is half-working but the video is very juddery. Any tips appreciated...

clarkey2r

Portal Pro
February 9, 2009
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi

Basically you need to set the screen res to 720p and it will work perfectly.

There may be a way to write a script to change the res every time you watch HDTV and then back again but I haven’t had the time to look at this properly.

Cheers

OnkelChris

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Atom ION Users Thread

i think, this is the right thread for me :)

first of all: i have the ion running smooth with all content! (zotac ion a / atom 330)

but (yeah, u knew there is a "but"): liveHD is only sometimes smooth... recording HD and playing back afterwards is smooth. I think, buffering HD and watch it at the same time is too much for the ion.

druid9

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 31, 2006
    jonm
    From what I hav read, the ION will not successfully do 1080i, thought 1080p seems not to be a problem

OnkelChris
    I too have been having a few issues lately with LiveHD, need to have a bit of a tinker, will report back

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom