ATSC Card Owners: Come here for Support (1 Viewer)

bobn4burton

Portal Member
December 2, 2006
Is anyone else having problems with channel changing with version 0.2.2.0? It almost seems that MP is a little LESS stable with 0.2.2.0 than it was with 0.2.1.0. I used to be able to change channels 2-6 times before locking MP up with 0.2.1.0. Now with 0.2.2.0, I can only change channels 1-2 times before lock-up.

I REALLY wish we could get better support for ATSC cards. This is the only problem I have with MP. Every other function seems to work great...just can't change channels.

bobn4burton

Portal Member
December 2, 2006
Is anyone else having problems with channel changing with version 0.2.2.0? It almost seems that MP is a little LESS stable with 0.2.2.0 than it was with 0.2.1.0. I used to be able to change channels 2-6 times before locking MP up with 0.2.1.0. Now with 0.2.2.0, I can only change channels 1-2 times before lock-up.

I REALLY wish we could get better support for ATSC cards. This is the only problem I have with MP. Every other function seems to work great...just can't change channels.
OK...made some progress tonight.
So I have the VBox 150 card. Like I stated in my previous post, with 0.2.2.0 I would get MP locking up on pretty much every channel change I attempted.

So now, I realized that I should have disabled the MCE services. I had never done this. There were three of them, so I disabled them. My tuner still locked up when changing channels.

Next, my friend just got the VBox tuner and got his working tonight with no lock-ups on channel changes. So the only difference was that he had downloaded the newest drivers from Vbox (2.1.705.12). I was using 2.1.705.7 before. So I updated my drivers to 2.1.705.12 and now...no lockups!!!!

I should also say that this is somewhat early to claim 100% victory. I have only spent about 5-10 minutes changing channels. Changed channel more than 20 times with no problems. I'll report back as I get some more time on it and let you guys know if its completely stable. If it is...I'll be one happy camper!

natrlhy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 2, 2006
    Bay Area, CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Next, my friend just got the VBox tuner and got his working tonight with no lock-ups on channel changes. So the only difference was that he had downloaded the newest drivers from Vbox (2.1.705.12). I was using 2.1.705.7 before. So I updated my drivers to 2.1.705.12 and now...no lockups!!!!

I should also say that this is somewhat early to claim 100% victory. I have only spent about 5-10 minutes changing channels. Changed channel more than 20 times with no problems. I'll report back as I get some more time on it and let you guys know if its completely stable. If it is...I'll be one happy camper!

Keep us posted! I've also got 2 Vbox products, the DTA-150 and the USB version and I also have lockups when changing 2-4 ATSC channels. I'll try the latest .12 version as well and try to remember to post my results.

natrlhy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 2, 2006
    Bay Area, CA
    Home Country
    After installing the 2.1.705.12 with the latest SVN, it's not very stable to me. MP crashes. I'll be reverting back to the 2.1.705.7 version if I don't see anything else that could be causing this.

lumpy

Portal Member
    January 25, 2007
    A180 and autotune causes the computer to reboot.

Using the stock software the computer tunes and displays ATSC channels and HD channels just fine, mediaportal though likes to reboot the PC when it autotunes and tries to discover the channels. anyone have a fix for this? also anyone know how to ge tthe info for manually adding channels? the a180's software will not tell me all the details like transport stream, modulation,etc...

jim tressler

Portal Pro
    June 28, 2005
    the latest versions (1-28-06) of tvengine and mediaportal 0.2.2.0 svn give me an "unknown error" "unable to start timeshifting" when I enter mytv or try in manually inside of the tvengine 3 control.. fusion5 gold - anyone else having these types of problems?

jim

Commodore 64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Home Country
    The TVserver doesn't work for me either, jim, with Vbox DTA 150 or the HDHR.

jim tressler

Portal Pro
    June 28, 2005
    ok good to know commy - hopefully they will get it up and running soon again.. 3 builds ago was the last that worked and it studdered, but it worked!

bobn4burton

Portal Member
    December 2, 2006
    Commodore,

Do you have stable channel changes in MP with your VBOX 150? Mine seems pretty good now with 0.2.2 stable release and the .12 drivers. Although I get a random lockup here and there...its a TON better than with the older drivers I had which would lockup about every 1-2 channel changes.

Are there any other tricks out there?

Commodore 64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Home Country
    Commodore,

Do you have stable channel changes in MP with your VBOX 150? Mine seems pretty good now with 0.2.2 stable release and the .12 drivers. Although I get a random lockup here and there...its a TON better than with the older drivers I had which would lockup about every 1-2 channel changes.

Are there any other tricks out there?

Actually, I've been using the HDHR lately instead of the VBox DTA-150. I do get random locks on channel changes and not just with the DTA-150. It is interesting that a new driver revision reduces your lock-ups though, I had always assumed it was an MP issue.

SO everyone knows the TVServer is the future for MP, so development on that will take precedence over the current MP TVEngine. Hopefully the ATSC bugs will get worked out soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom