ATSC Card Owners: Come here for Support (2 Viewers)

jim tressler

Portal Pro
June 28, 2005
Is the latest build (March 5,2007) working for anyone.. all I get is black screen with dvico fusion 5

natrlhy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 2, 2006
    Bay Area, CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Not sure if this is right, but with the newer SVN builds it comes with the My Weather Overlay plugin. If you are trying to use a skin that doesn't support this plugin, you will need to disable it then try running MP again.

If you're getting a black screen in My TV and you see the other MP menus fine, I'm not sure what issue you might be having...

neoalex

March 6, 2007
    After upgrading to the latest version of drivers which were just released a few days ago by DVico, Media Portal would not detect my card (FusionHDTV5 Gold). My guess is it's because DVico changed the names of the Devices, as seen in Device Manager, and also the number. There are now just 3 devices as opposed to 5 before I believe. I also tried today's SVN and that did not help either. Please let me know if there are any changes, thanks.

And one more thing before updating the drivers, I wasn't able to do an Auto tune, but that was probably just because of the EPG, right?

engelwolf

March 6, 2007
    Ok guys, I have a FusionHDTV5-USB tuner, and MediaPortal isn't detecting it, I'm using 6.1.4.0 drivers for it, from what I've been reading, I might have to add an entry into the CaptureCardDefinitions file, anyone know what exactly I need to add?

emnel

Portal Member
    January 2, 2007
    Niagara Region
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I have the Vbox 150 card and get MediaPortal lock-up or crashes with channel changes as others have reported.
    I would like to know if anyone has found a fix for this yet or if the new TV server is any better regarding this problem.
    I spent weeks trying to fix this previously, but gave up. This was a few months ago and was now hoping that there is away around this.

Thanks

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    emnel - I believe there was a developer that popped in a week or two (maybe farther) back that had a good working knowledge of the TV end of this project - he submitted at least one fix for a problem in ATSC. I will try to find him and maybe he can check into this problem (if it doesn't only apply to that TV card) and provide a fix. It may take me awhile to find him in this flood of posts, so please be patient with me.

emnel

Portal Member
    January 2, 2007
    Niagara Region
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I appreciate the help.
    From other posts earlier in this thread from others, the issue seems to happen with other ATSC cards as well, but maybe to varying degrees.
    Also to note that I had contacted VBox about his and they were very responsive and tested it themselves. They found the same results, MediaPortal lock-up afters a few channel changes. The card works fine in other applications. I personally tried BeyondTV and VBox tried BeyondTV, MCE and another application.

Regards

whurlston

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Mzemina contacted me regarding this. I will run some tests this weekend and try to track down the problem. If people can zip and email me some logs right after they experience the crash, it may be helpful.

Paul S

Portal Pro
    May 14, 2006
    Franklin, WI (Milwaukee)
    Home Country
    I actually stopped using my Vbox 150 because of this problem. I replaced it with a 2nd generation Air2PC card that I got from bbti for $39.99. I use the newer BDA drivers, and it locks up some, but not as often as the Vbox.

If you need some testers, I can re-install my Vbox 150.

Paul

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom