ATSC Card Owners: Come here for Support (2 Viewers)

bobn4burton

Portal Member
December 2, 2006
SO everyone knows the TVServer is the future for MP, so development on that will take precedence over the current MP TVEngine. Hopefully the ATSC bugs will get worked out soon.

Forgive my ignorance, but what exactly is TVServer?
What advantages/differences/features does it have over the current TVEngine?

emnel

Portal Member
January 2, 2007
Niagara Region
Home Country
Canada Canada
I also have a VBox Cat's Eye 150 and have mediaportal locking up after a number of channel changes (usually 2-20, tpically around 5). The situation was worse with VBox drivers 2.1.705.7 (1-2 channel changes). I am now using 2.1.705.12.
It seems this is an issue with a few different ATSC cards. Does anyone know if this is being worked on by anyone?
Has anyone with this issue been able to resolve it any way. I have already tried numerous ways to resolve this without any luck.
My error logs never have an entry when it crashes/locks up.

Cheers

natrlhy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 2, 2006
    Bay Area, CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I must say that the 2.1.705.12 do seem more stable than the 2.1.705.7 for the DTA-150 and USB-A 3650. I get less MP crashes (I can get about 7 ATSC/HD channel changes in before MP crashes). I don't see any errors in the logs either, but next time I'll make sure I post them.

I haven't really fully tested TVE3 to see if it's more stable or not. This is largely due to the fact that TVE3 had no audio for ATSC channels. This was fixed about 1 week ago, but I then had no video :)

I'll need to test more. Hopefully others will, too.

howudodat

Portal Pro
    February 20, 2007
    Home Country
    I have a ADS Instant HDTV card. The card is not detected. I built the graph as described in the wiki. The moniker is:
    ven_1131&dev_7133&subsys_03801421&rev_11
    @device:pnp:\\?\pci#ven_1131&dev_7133&subsys_03801421&rev_11#4&1c660dd6&0&18f0#{fd0a5af4-b41d-11d2-9c95-00c04f7971e0}\{5bb3dbd0-9e1e-424c-9281-6b5e7109f100}

Code:
      <capturecard commercialname="ADS Instant HDTV" capturename="ADS Instant HDTV BDA Digital Capture" devid="ven_1131&amp;dev_7133&amp;subsys_03801421&amp;rev_11">
    	  <capabilities tv="true" radio="false" mpeg2="true" mce="false" sw="false" bda="true"/>
    	  <tv>
    	    <interface cat="capture" video="3" audio="4" mpeg2="1" sectionsandtables="2"/>
    	    <filters>
    		    <filter cat="networkprovider" name="Microsoft ATSC Network Provider"      checkdevice="false"/>
    		    <filter cat="tunerdevice"     name="ADS Instant HDTV BDA ATSC Tuner"      checkdevice="true"/>
    		    <filter cat="capture"         name="ADS Instant HDTV BDA Digital Capture" checkdevice="true"/>
    	    </filters>
    	    <connections>
    		    <connection sourcefilter="networkprovider" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="tunerdevice"	sinkpin="0"/>
    		    <connection sourcefilter="tunerdevice"     sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="capture"		  sinkpin="0"/>
    	    </connections>
    	  </tv>
      </capturecard>

After looking at the xml file, there is an entry almost exactly right, just the rev is off, so I changed the rev, no lock, also added a 2nd entry leaving the first at rev10 and the 2nd at rev11..still no luck. Any pointers would be nice.

Peter
    PS. File is complete dump of all filters and a screenshot of graphedit

yccnorth

March 1, 2007
    Home Country
    I have the same problem with ADS Instant HDTV. Any pointers on how to get it to work? Thanks.

Paul S

Portal Pro
    May 14, 2006
    Franklin, WI (Milwaukee)
    Home Country
    howudodat-> Your set up file seems to be correct. I did notice that your graph doesn't have the filters connected. Have you tried to connect the pins yet?

I don't believe that you can actually watch HDTV in GraphEdit, like you can do with an analog card. But, you should be able to connect the pins like your set up file describes. Just right click on the output pins and connect.

howudodat

Portal Pro
    February 20, 2007
    Home Country
    No haven't tried that as I really dont understand this very much (even though I've been a programmer for 25+ years now). I know the card works in gbpvr and in mce, and I also cant get my haupuage 1600 working either.

bummed! :(

Peter

Paul S

Portal Pro
    May 14, 2006
    Franklin, WI (Milwaukee)
    Home Country
    To test the card's filters in GraphEdit, load only the filters for the specific tuner. I saw both analog and digital filters in your graph. Right click on the output pin of the first filter and select connect pins. Do this on all filters that you can.

You may also need to adjust some of the filter settings, right click and select properties.

Check that the pin numbers on the working graph are the same as the MP file. Also, something as small as a space being added/missing from the config file will keep it from working.

If you changed the CaptureCardDefinitions.xml file with a program other than notepad, it wrecks the formatting of the file. Do not use wordpad or MS Word.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom