Audio problem with RECORDED atsc files (1 Viewer)

Shoey Peachew

Portal Member
June 8, 2006
I'm also having problems. I record in .mpg since recording in .ts is spotty and sometimes results with a large recorded file, but without audio or video. When I record in .mpg I can play back the file in Media Player Classic and WMP without problems, but when I play it back in MP or VLC player I get no audio. For now, when I launch my recorded shows in MP I have it set to launch Media Player Classic as an external player.

I ran MPTestTool and make a short recording. Thanks

Painting With Paulson_1.mpg

Augiedoggy

Portal Member
September 24, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
TV-Server Version:
MediaPortal Version:
MediaPortal Skin:
Windows Version:
CPU Type:
HDD:
Memory:
Motherboard:
Motherboard Chipset:
Motherboard Bios:
Video Card:
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card:
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card:
1. TV Card Type:
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote:
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection:
I gave up on using the tv module for dvb-s and atsc......both worked but not reliably at all.....bought a stb box that does both with a dvr built in......it would be nice if they ever get the bugs out.....I do love media portal and the new bluray/hd-dvd plugin rocks!

zylos

October 17, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
The problem is resolved for me! I just installed Rev17762 about a week ago and my hd recordings (in .ts format) playback with audio in both the TV and Video modules of mediaportal. I'm using the TV-Server and an HDHomeRun device using qam (cable). For whatever reason the TVServer has never been able to find the channels when I check the "ATSC card supports QAM (Digital cable connection only)" option. But does just fine without checking that option. Very pleased now that I can record my shows in HD now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom