Audio Switcher - easily change audio device via context menu (using remote key) (4 Viewers)

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Very odd, and setup this way right?

osd-png.185718

Could try a reboot just in case Windows exclusive access has it locked for some reason.

Also worth a check is the audio device itself as you might need both ticked.

audio_device.PNG

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Think we are running into a Mediaportal bug for this one, the volume handler by default only seems to detect the device it started with but not if you update it.
    Why it's inconsistent is the odd part as I can get it work here however if I select WAVE for volume control here I don't get a OSD at all so something looks off :(

Virtual

Portal Member
    January 6, 2017
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Confirm ... the configuration is like yours, same things for the audio device properties, same flags & co.
    I don't know why but internal volume control of MP still attached to the default device used when MP is started.
    I thinks that the only way to control the volume is to set the same value to all devices when the user press +/- inside MP (workaround).

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Will make a bug report in a sec and link topic here :)

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Virtual

Portal Member
    January 6, 2017
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I hope that MP developers fix it in the v1.16, the playback audio device correctly follow the default device changed by the plugin ... only the volume control is missing for a "refresh / recheck defaut" although the plugin calls dispose & co :)

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hope so as well, it must be something earlier down the pipeline but the MP code is complex so need dev help for sure :)

Virtual

Portal Member
    January 6, 2017
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I do some other test ... and the same bug on the volume control there is in music player too.
    I load MP, enter in music section and play one MP3, now MP "initialize the player using the default device in this moment".
    After that .. if I change the default device ... MP still play MP3 on the device "used previously" ... the only difference is that the volume is initialized on MP startup and the "music player device" is initialized at the first MP3.
    Can you confirm this or this happend only on my system?

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Same here, indeed because the plugin does device initialize later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom