Audio sync problems when screen set to 24 Hz (1 Viewer)

thepahakurki

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 21, 2008
    Finland
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Well I have always been using CoreAVC in MP for all h264 content and ac3filter for spdif (passthrough) sound. So as to answer to your question, I have not changed the video decoder.

And for me this out-of-sync problem persisted with every video which had ac3 or dts sound. So in my case switching to spdifer fixed the problem completely. However I haven't tested this problem extensively: only with coreavc for video, ac3filter for spdif passthrough (and now spdifer for spdif passthrough which fixed the problem.)
    (BTW I'm using MP 1.0.2 stable)

rak

Portal Pro
    March 5, 2008
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    OK, understand. Please can you check it with MPC-HC and spdifer?

I also use DTS/DD passthrough, now using AC3filter. I cannot check it now, but as soon as I return home, I'll test it.

Earlier it was working properly with MPC-HC and AC3 or ffdshow (not sure now). So maybe we should try to roll back MPC-HC codec and/or MP to check, at which time it changed. As you experience the out of sync with coreavc/ac3filter, maybe there are at least 2 different sources of this out of sync problem. In my case the audio is increasingly out of sync and it is easy to check it (it is enough to play a movie and skip to the middle of it where the audio is completely out of sync)

un-dee

May 19, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Just a note, I think its a problem of Ati + EVR, because it not only accours at 24p - 24Hz because also with 60p Material and 60Hz. Somehow when the framerate equals the refreshrate EVR cannot sync it on Ati cards. Using VMR9 solved the problem, BUT with Ati cards VMR9 does not work in Vista + Mediaportal, so i only got it to work using MPC HC.

jet70

Portal Pro
    March 7, 2009
    Home Country
    England England
    This doesn't explain why it works with ATI / EVR /24Hz in an external player though and yet not in the Mediaportal internal player.

- gets very confusing.

mhunter

Portal Member
    November 20, 2006
    Home Country
    Hi guys,

Did some testing here with the SPDIFER 0.3b + COREAVC 1.9.5 combo and found the following with a 1080p x.264 mkv video which I started from scratch and let run 10+ minutes each test:

Specs: Geforce 8300 IGP - Running Nvidia 182 drivers, Windows XP, Media Portal 1.0.2

Tests:
    1. @60hz + MCP-HC Codec (Hardware Accel) + AC3 FILTER - Works fine no sync issue
    2. @24hz + MPC-HC Codec (Hardware Accel) + AC3 FILTER - out sync over time
    3. @24hz + COREAVC (CUDA) + AC3FILTER - slowly out of sync over time
    4. @24hz + COREAVC (CUDA) + SPDIFER - slowly out of sync over time
    5. @24hz + COREAVC (SOFTWARE) + SPDIFER - slowly out of sync over time
    6. @60hz + COREAVC (SOFTWARE) + SPDIFER - Works fine no sync issue
    7. @60hz + COREAVC (CUDA) + SPDIFER - Works fine no sync issue

I also verified each of the above using graph studio to make sure that the codecs were doing what I thought they should be doing.

Cheers

Matt.

D

DMember 49125

Rescheduled again for future release. Very sad.

Roadmap - MediaPortal Bugtracker

Hi guys,

Did some testing here with the SPDIFER 0.3b + COREAVC 1.9.5 combo and found the following with a 1080p x.264 mkv video which I started from scratch and let run 10+ minutes each test:

Specs: Geforce 8300 IGP - Running Nvidia 182 drivers, Windows XP, Media Portal 1.0.2

Tests:
    1. @60hz + MCP-HC Codec (Hardware Accel) + AC3 FILTER - Works fine no sync issue

I also verified each of the above using graph studio to make sure that the codecs were doing what I thought they should be doing.

Cheers

Matt.

I have no sync problem with this: @24hz + COREAVC (CUDA) + AC3FILTER - slowly out of sync over time

My AC3filter settings (output to SPDIF):

Attachments

• sshot-1.png
      sshot-1.png
      65.9 KB
    • sshot-2.png
      sshot-2.png
      55 KB

frankwaan

Portal Pro
    August 8, 2008
    Hengelo (O)
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Rescheduled again for future release. Very sad.

Roadmap - MediaPortal Bugtracker

Hi guys,

Tests:

Cheers

Matt.

I have no sync problem with this: @24hz + COREAVC (CUDA) + AC3FILTER - slowly out of sync over time

Well it still isn't as it should be. ZoomPlayer plays 24Hz problemless (CoreAVC as decoder). MediaPortal gets out of sync, especially when fast forwarding / rewinding...

This is a real showstopper for me (and think for others), so it's sad it's resceduled. I think these issues must be solved before stepping to MP2...

Hope this will be adressed soon!

gibman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 4, 2006
    Aarhus
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I did a bit of fooling around with my new hd4770 card in CCC 3d settings.
    if I put " wait 4 vertical synch" to "always on", then 24 fps based material on 24hz will go quickly out of synch.

Again if I put it back to ATI default, which is "off.unless app specifies", then all is good again.

any1 trid this?

same for nvidia I guess.

try and put vsynch to off.

/gibman

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    I did a bit of fooling around with my new hd4770 card in CCC 3d settings.
    if I put " wait 4 vertical synch" to "always on", then 24 fps based material on 24hz will go quickly out of synch.

Again if I put it back to ATI default, which is "off.unless app specifies", then all is good again.

Odd result as it should be exactly the same when application specifies the v-sync enabled (as MP does always).

- Was the clip real 24hz video file (or actually non-24hz clip, like 23.9xxx)?
    - Were you using SPDIF / HDMI ( audio also )?
    - Does the bug go a way (when v-snc is forced) and you use analog audio or decode the audio to stereo mode with some audio codec?

Is this a driver issue on ATI side? At least Arcsoft player has had similar effects with ATI and 24Hz + Blu-ray (just search AVS forums).

This issue is caused by multiple different issues (like the users have already reported).

• Audio codec issue
    • Driver issue (with forcing v-sync on), maybe HDMI audio & video gets out of sync?
    • Bug in drivers (as 24 vs 23.9xxx setting as display frequency solves the issue)
    • Bug in MP

ps. now as we have one developer (gibman) who is able to reporduce the issue we might be closer to the solution :p (in case it is a MP bug)

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Well it still isn't as it should be. ZoomPlayer plays 24Hz problemless (CoreAVC as decoder). MediaPortal gets out of sync, especially when fast forwarding / rewinding...

Fast forwarding / rewinding is most likely a completely different issue than the A/V sync drifting. People, please keep these two things separated (even better would be to use completely separated threads for these two issues). Maybe when I have time to create the testing threads (and prepare the testing material & huge amount of test cases) I'll create two different threads to make it much easier to track down these issues.

This is a real showstopper for me (and think for others), so it's sad it's resceduled. I think these issues must be solved before stepping to MP2...

Hope this will be adressed soon!

I'm still waiting that 24Hz capable display device to be donated :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom