Audio sync problems when screen set to 24 Hz | Page 10

Discussion in 'watch/edit Videos' started by mad_cow, May 3, 2008.

1. DMember 49125

DMember 49125 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I use EVR (vista x32, nvidia latest drivers & coreavc 1.9.5) and plays fine with alpha but not with all previous.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. fanoI

fanoI Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    So... the problem is really solved in 1.10?
    I've to find the courage to do the upgrade... maybe in my test partition :D

4. jet70

jet70 Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    England England
    I would say not.

Unless I misunderstand him, GIX will be OK because he is using COREAVC.

The problem arises using MPC codec and EVR.

I have managed to get around it because for the first time, I am able to use VMR since the upgrade and the synch problem does not appear to exhibit itself using VMR.

However, there is a chance that VMR is working because of my upgrade to Catalyst 9.6 2 days ago (I can't be sure).

I have been using Catalyst 9.1 before that and didn't upgrade because of the 'grey' black problem, but that was resolved a couple of days ago.

It might be that the upgrade of the Catalyst version is what has enabled me to get VMR working.

5. rak

rak Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Home Country:
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    But in vista you need EVR for HW decoding. So using VMR is no sollution.

6. jet70

jet70 Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    England England
    I hadn't realised, having never got VMR working until now!

- in that case, back to the drawing bord! - that is very annoying.

7. Rayures

Rayures Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Home Country:
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Show System Specs
    Tested 1.10 Alpha and cant say it is the solution to our problems. Still having the sync issue.
    Also i still have an issue with losing the hdmi signal on my tv set, think it is cat 9.6, gonna try an older version one of these days.

8. jet70

jet70 Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    England England
    The one improvement in the upgrade is that I have a handful of avi files for which the Refresh Rate Changer does not identify their frame rate. The pop up is blank when notifying you of the refresh rate.

This is now working with the Alpha version for me.

All of these exhibited bad lag because, for example, I would play them when the refresh rate is 24hz but it should have been 60hz.

Is there any chance that the code is somehow returning the incorrect hz rate when identifying using evr??

It's just theat the symptom exhibited is very much like a file being played at the wrong hz rate?

....... Scrap that.

Have just tried a file that has the problem and then manually forced the correct refresh rate using 'hot keys'.

The refresh rate changer is correct - still have lag.

If I open up the file in ms media player and use hot keys to ensure the correct hz rate, the file plays in synch.

This has got to have something to do with the Medaiaportal internal player and possibly how it presents to EVR.

9. jbollacke

jbollacke Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Haven't tried the Alpha yet but just wanted to say that this problem also occurs on VMR and not just EVR as posted before!

10. CypherMK
    • Team MediaPortal

CypherMK Test Group

Ratings:
    +617 / 3
    Home Country:
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Show System Specs
    Where do you live?

You can come to my house and debug the problem. :)

11. VerTeX

VerTeX Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I had the same problem with my tv when set to 24Hz. Using Reclock only worked for me when not using SPDIF, but speakers set to 5.1, and using DTS Connect (DTS Interactive) in combination with my XFi Titanium.
    Perfect fluent video, and great audio with all kinds of different video/audio formats. Until yesterday when i was watching a HD movie (1080i) and audio started to fall away randomly, i have to do some more research, it could be that the CPU had a hard time =/, or DTS Connect isn't that stable.

I have yet to try the Dolby digital Live variant.

I'll let you know what that does.

Using EVR, MPC-HC with HW accl and subtitles.

Update: The problem with audio dropping seems only to be related to WMV-HD format. CPU is used 68% max, so no problem there. All else seems to work fine, however when resuming from standby there's no audio. Disabling DTS Connect and Enabling reestablishes the audio, but so far i haven't found a way to script that. =/
    I

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!