Audio sync problems when screen set to 24 Hz (3 Viewers)

D

DMember 49125

Synch works well with this on and Alpha. EVR is still exhibiting the problem

I use EVR (vista x32, nvidia latest drivers & coreavc 1.9.5) and plays fine with alpha but not with all previous.

fanoI

Portal Pro
December 26, 2006
So... the problem is really solved in 1.10?
I've to find the courage to do the upgrade... maybe in my test partition :D

jet70

Portal Pro
March 7, 2009
Home Country
England England
I would say not.

Unless I misunderstand him, GIX will be OK because he is using COREAVC.

The problem arises using MPC codec and EVR.

I have managed to get around it because for the first time, I am able to use VMR since the upgrade and the synch problem does not appear to exhibit itself using VMR.

However, there is a chance that VMR is working because of my upgrade to Catalyst 9.6 2 days ago (I can't be sure).

I have been using Catalyst 9.1 before that and didn't upgrade because of the 'grey' black problem, but that was resolved a couple of days ago.

It might be that the upgrade of the Catalyst version is what has enabled me to get VMR working.

rak

Portal Pro
March 5, 2008
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
But in vista you need EVR for HW decoding. So using VMR is no sollution.

jet70

Portal Pro
March 7, 2009
Home Country
England England
I hadn't realised, having never got VMR working until now!

- in that case, back to the drawing bord! - that is very annoying.

Rayures

Portal Pro
October 8, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Tested 1.10 Alpha and cant say it is the solution to our problems. Still having the sync issue.
Also i still have an issue with losing the hdmi signal on my tv set, think it is cat 9.6, gonna try an older version one of these days.

jet70

Portal Pro
March 7, 2009
Home Country
England England
The one improvement in the upgrade is that I have a handful of avi files for which the Refresh Rate Changer does not identify their frame rate. The pop up is blank when notifying you of the refresh rate.

This is now working with the Alpha version for me.

All of these exhibited bad lag because, for example, I would play them when the refresh rate is 24hz but it should have been 60hz.

Is there any chance that the code is somehow returning the incorrect hz rate when identifying using evr??

It's just theat the symptom exhibited is very much like a file being played at the wrong hz rate?

....... Scrap that.

Have just tried a file that has the problem and then manually forced the correct refresh rate using 'hot keys'.

The refresh rate changer is correct - still have lag.

If I open up the file in ms media player and use hot keys to ensure the correct hz rate, the file plays in synch.

This has got to have something to do with the Medaiaportal internal player and possibly how it presents to EVR.

jbollacke

Portal Member
June 18, 2009
Haven't tried the Alpha yet but just wanted to say that this problem also occurs on VMR and not just EVR as posted before!

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I think the problem has been solved in 1.1.0 alpha version. Already tested a few HD films and everything works fine.
    Maybe because of that: 0002070: [Skin Engine] EVR renderer doesn't provide fps information (Tourettes)) - closed.

I'm pretty sure that it doesn't fix the issue, as it just providing the fps to the user for debugging...

Where do you live?

You can come to my house and debug the problem. :)

VerTeX

Portal Member
    February 1, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I had the same problem with my tv when set to 24Hz. Using Reclock only worked for me when not using SPDIF, but speakers set to 5.1, and using DTS Connect (DTS Interactive) in combination with my XFi Titanium.
    Perfect fluent video, and great audio with all kinds of different video/audio formats. Until yesterday when i was watching a HD movie (1080i) and audio started to fall away randomly, i have to do some more research, it could be that the CPU had a hard time =/, or DTS Connect isn't that stable.

I have yet to try the Dolby digital Live variant.

I'll let you know what that does.

Using EVR, MPC-HC with HW accl and subtitles.

Update: The problem with audio dropping seems only to be related to WMV-HD format. CPU is used 68% max, so no problem there. All else seems to work fine, however when resuming from standby there's no audio. Disabling DTS Connect and Enabling reestablishes the audio, but so far i haven't found a way to script that. =/
    I

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom