Audio sync problems when screen set to 24 Hz (1 Viewer)

Chimen

Portal Pro
July 11, 2005
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
One new problem I have developed is stopping video takes forever... like 30 - 60 seconds. Gotta sort the issues out before I can pin it down.

I was suffering from the same issue last night, I have to dig into it :)

I also have that problem, but only with Cyberlink Powerdvd 9 codec.

gipro

Portal Member
May 10, 2008
Hey guys fixed my problem. Got rid of the last bit of stutter on my video and audio.

Did a clean install with the latest SVN 01-08. Installed coreavc 2.0 and had same problem.

So removed Coreavc and installed the SAF pack including the PDVD9 codec.

Setup as per SAF with SPDIF passthrough DISABLED. Configured codecs as per guide. Still had problem.

Installed AC3Filter and used that for my audio codec. Problem FIXED.

Now all video and audio plays smoothly.

I am having one small problem with regards to Refresh Rate changer when playing DVDs. For everything else, 24p and TV (PAL) it changes correctly but for some reason on most DVD's, not all, it won't change. I suspect it is not detecting on ISOs but is for Folder based DVDs.

I got around it by setting the default RR to 50HZ. That way it changes to 24 on entry and reverts to 50 on exit.

So after all that it seems that the Audio filter was the problem. I suspected this a while ago but I think I have confirmed it, in my case.

Hope it helps.:D

Ok confirmed the bit about ISO refresh rate not being detected. Don't know if its a known fault or if anyone has a workaround. The one above seems to work. But might start ripping all videos to folders from now on if that is the case.

onyx666

Portal Pro
September 26, 2008
Hey guys fixed my problem. Got rid of the last bit of stutter on my video and audio.

Did a clean install with the latest SVN 01-08. Installed coreavc 2.0 and had same problem.

Setup as per SAF with SPDIF passthrough DISABLED. Configured codecs as per guide. Still had problem.

I am having one small problem with regards to Refresh Rate changer when playing DVDs. For everything else, 24p and TV (PAL) it changes correctly but for some reason on most DVD's, not all, it won't change. I suspect it is not detecting on ISOs but is for Folder based DVDs.

I got around it by setting the default RR to 50HZ. That way it changes to 24 on entry and reverts to 50 on exit.

So after all that it seems that the Audio filter was the problem. I suspected this a while ago but I think I have confirmed it, in my case.

Ok confirmed the bit about ISO refresh rate not being detected. Don't know if its a known fault or if anyone has a workaround. The one above seems to work. But might start ripping all videos to folders from now on if that is the case.

just to be clear before i buy myself a new cpu.
did you have audio out of sync before (so no stuttering but a constant out of sync) ?

gipro

Portal Member
May 10, 2008

just to be clear before i buy myself a new cpu.
did you have audio out of sync before (so no stuttering but a constant out of sync) ?

I dd have out of sync issues as well. From memory the issue with out of sync was due to codecs as well. Can't remember how I fixed that onyx. maybe earlier in the thread I mentioned it.

However a new CPU did not fix my problems. I resolved out of sync before I put in the new CPU. The stuttering occured with both the old and new cpu.

To be honest the new cpu is good as it made menu browsing much faster but did not seem to affect my problems. The CPU was a hand me down as II upgraded my main machine.

So to be clear it appears a faster CPU did NOT fix the problems. The problems were fixed as noted above.

digitalfm

Portal Pro
February 4, 2008
I upgraded to RC1 but still have audio / video synch issues at 24hz. 50hz and 60hz are fine.

Anyone else found the problem has not been fully solved, unfortunately. I solve with reclock but would be great if the fix was within Mediaportal itself.

somy

Portal Pro
March 7, 2010
Denmark
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Trying to get my head around why anyone would want to run at 24hz.

50\60hz are the standard, and these always require a multiple of either 25\30hz increments upwards ie 50, 75 or 100hz

24P playback requires 24HZ (23.976 refresh rate), otherwise you'll end up with 3:2 pull down which makes movie unwatchable to some people who are sentitive to judders.

onyx666

Portal Pro
September 26, 2008
I upgraded to RC1 but still have audio / video synch issues at 24hz. 50hz and 60hz are fine.

Anyone else found the problem has not been fully solved, unfortunately. I solve with reclock but would be great if the fix was within Mediaportal itself.

i also still have audio sync issues with 24p
how did you resolve with reclock (what settings should i use) ?

Koenig

Portal Member
December 14, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden

i also still have audio sync issues with 24p
how did you resolve with reclock (what settings should i use) ?

For me it didn't matter what version of MP I used, my solution was that I had to create a "custom resolution" in Nvidia controlcenter, and set the timing manually to 23.976Hz.

It seems that the Nvidia drivers use exactly 24Hz witch makes the movies go out of sync after a (short) while, and then MP drops a few frames and the movie is back in sync again and then this behaviour continues throughout the movie.

Creating the custom res solves the issue on movies with 23.976fps but every now and then there's a movie that actually uses 24fps and then I have to delete my custom res to be able to watch it...
(My solution to that is to simply not watch movies with 24fps at the moment....)

Fruitbat

Portal Member
February 11, 2009
Home Country
Canada Canada
Is this issue fixed?
I've been going through all the threads that mention this audio de-sync, but I still haven't actually found a resolution. Apparently people are resolving this, but never actually say how.

Running:
MP 1.1.0.0 Final (Fresh install)
nVidia 8600GT, DVI-D>HDMI to a Toshiba 42VX545U (120hz).

Watching a 23.976 FPS AVI, Getting de-synced about every 2-3 minutes, then correcting itself every 6-7 minutes.
I've read the fix of creating a custom profile for 23.976FPS, but that breaks true 24FPS content.

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom