Audio sync problems when screen set to 24 Hz (1 Viewer)

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    So, how many test videos we do have available that can be used to reproduce the issue?

D

DMember 49125

I think the problem has been solved in 1.1.0 alpha version. Already tested a few HD films and everything works fine.
    Maybe because of that: 0002070: [Skin Engine] EVR renderer doesn't provide fps information (Tourettes)) - closed.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    I think the problem has been solved in 1.1.0 alpha version. Already tested a few HD films and everything works fine.
    Maybe because of that: 0002070: [Skin Engine] EVR renderer doesn't provide fps information (Tourettes)) - closed.

I'm pretty sure that it doesn't fix the issue, as it just providing the fps to the user for debugging...

D

DMember 49125

I'm pretty sure that it doesn't fix the issue, as it just providing the fps to the user for debugging...

It was just a speculation. :)
    The fact is that still it works (till now). I moved forward & backward many times in HD movies and no lip sync problem occurred.

rak

Portal Pro
    March 5, 2008
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    I'm on alpha now and no change for me. E.g MPC-HC in SW mode + EVR + Vista is out of sync. So I still have to use CoreAVC.

mhunter

Portal Member
    November 20, 2006
    Home Country
    It was just a speculation. :)
    The fact is that still it works (till now). I moved forward & backward many times in HD movies and no lip sync problem occurred.

What about after playing a video for 15mins, is lip sync OK after that time?

D

DMember 49125

What about after playing a video for 15mins, is lip sync OK after that time?

Yes. I show 2 movies yesterday without any problem. Before 1.1.0 alpha the problem occurred almost imminently.

jet70

Portal Pro
    March 7, 2009
    Home Country
    England England
    I would like to report that Alpha has definitely solved the problem.

/// UPDATED
    /// NOTE: I apologise, have realised that I have changed to VMR9 which previously would not work for me in VISTA with 1.0.2
    /// for some reason. Synch works well with this on and Alpha. EVR is still exhibiting the problem. However, problems with
    /// reading the correct hz rate from the files is 'spot on' now - see below:

My thoughts are that the fix might be down to the rework of the handling of Mediainfo.

I had several xvids that previously were not getting the correct fps set. If I switched on the Refresh notification, it reported nothing <blank>. This is now working.

My offending hidef mkvs are now working. (only with VMR9)

xvids with audio drift are now working. (only with VMR9)

Interestingly, when I first installed, and didn't configure Automatic Refresh, the offending mkvs came up with the same audio drift as before and I was downhearted. Once I set it to 'on' they worked. This really seems to imply that in some cases possibly, the incorrect hz rate might have been sent through to the Refresh rate changer prior to the fixes/changes in Alpha.

Only problem I have now is, I have no Streamed MP. I could only get Moving Pictures to work by reinstalling and reimporting.

My TVSeries does not work at all. I get 'wrong skin' when trying to run it through Blue 3 in the Plugins section.

I have tested the xvids all through mapping in My Videos.

If we could figure out which dll is fixed. I would be a very happy bunny if I could revert to my pre Alpha install and just replace the important files.

If anyone knows how I can get TV series working in Alpha then maybe I will hold out for Streamed MP 0.9 release.

Good work anyway -one way or another rhis appears to be working. The subtitles in DXVA are also brilliant (hadn't ever imported the temporary dll fix)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom