Audio sync problems when screen set to 24 Hz (1 Viewer)

happy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 6, 2009
    Explorer :D
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    im using

The Simpsons Movie - 1080p Trailer

Download Link: simpsons_movie_1080p_hddvd_trailer.zip (140 MB)

Video Type: 1920×800 (1080p), 23.967 FPS, SA-HD-DVD Profile

Audio Type: AAC, 5.1 Channel

Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer - 720p Trailer

Download Link: fantastic_four_rise_of_the_silver_surfer-trailer.zip (90 MB)

Video Type: 1280×544 (720p), 23.967 FPS, CE-High profile (PS3 and Xbox 360 compatible)

Audio Type: AAC LC Stereo

both movies have different properties, makes best for testing i should think

Rayures

Portal Pro
    October 8, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I was planning to try some movie files at 24hz, but had some issues with my tv set (sony 40w4500) and the hdmi output from my ati3200 (&cat9.5).
    When switching from 50hz to 24hz. The tv didn't accept the 24hz input (or the ati board didn't send it to the tv) :confused: Screen when black (normal no-input screen) Changed settings in catalyst control from RGB444 full to YCbCr444 these worked tried some other settings and it seems that RGB444 full and YCbCr422 do not work with 24hz. Then again, after 5 minutes at every setting rgb or YCbCr, the video input stops and the tv displays the standard no-input screen.
    Need to adress this issue first before i can test sync issues..... :(

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    I haven't had time to organize the testing thread yet (also would require more sample videos to be present, so keep those URLs coming).

As an attachement there is directshow helper DLL that has one timeout value changed. Most likely it wont affect the issue in any way, but it would be still good thing to test.

jet70

Portal Pro
    March 7, 2009
    Home Country
    England England
    I tried the uploaded dll and I got a windows error when trying to play a media file which caused Mediaportal to 'bomb out'.

I have been testing with my various avi/xvid files and whilst some seem to work, others are out of synch. I am using whatever xvid codec is included in SAF.

I have noticed that for those that are out of sych, if you press escape so that the video minimizes into the floating preview window, it resynchs itself. When you then click the preview window to maximize the video again, it remains in synch. I can't see any real difference between these files and the ones that work OK!

The syching issue is also corrected by ffdwing by 15 secs, but this is not a consistent fix as far as I can tell.

I am hoping this might give you some clues as to what might be causing the syching issue.

I have a few avi's which report their fps in mediainfo and yet in mediaportal, with the refresh popup enabled, the fps is reported as blank and hence plays back out of sych because it has not changed the refresh rate. There are only a few avis that have this problem, but they play OK in an external player.

The one thing I have noticed is that often a file can appear to be 'out of sych' if the file is simply being played back at the incorrect fps, so possibly this whole issue might be down to Mediaportal changing the refresh rate but not always correctly to what it is suggesting - just a thought?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom