[Finished] Audio / Video : Add resume (1 Viewer)

Smeulf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2010
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi,

Under MP1, it's possible to resume a video on the last stopped point.

Is it possible to ad this feature under MP2 for Videos and Audio ?

Cheers.

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Dresden / Munich / Maastricht
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    In general should be configurable depending on the MediaAspect.

So for the VideoAspect it is definitely useful.
    I could imagine this being useful for audio files especially for audiobooks. Currently this MediaAspect does not exist, yet.

In MP1 are also a few major design flaws, which should be kept in mind when developing something like that:

• In case a message box is displayed:
      "Do you want to resume the video at 33:33 min?"
      " [YES] [NO]"
      Pressing Yes: Should resume the video.
      Pressing No: Should start the video from beginning.
      Pressing Close-Button in window or ESC on keyboard should not play the video at all. The user aborted the action.
    • There is another case when using playing live TV recordings:
      • Resume video at 33:33.
      • Play video from beginning.
      • Play video from Live position
    I've changed the resume window in MP1 to a ListMenu a few years ago, but iirc many community plugins still use the old yes, no dialog which starts playback even if pressing ESC.

In second example you see that even the Yes/No dialog is not enough to display all available options, so for all resume dialogs (even without tv option) the menu should be considered to give the use a consistent look & feel.

onkelaasmund

March 13, 2013
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I would like to add, it would be nice if the mediaportal server would hold this information, so you can pause a video on one client then resume on another.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Well, there is nothing wrong in the log. I have personaly tested the bitstreaming after DVD resume, and I can confirm that the LAV audiodecoder shows status 'bistreaming' on the output. What is your LAV status?
    Well, there is nothing wrong in the log. I have personaly tested the bitstreaming after DVD resume, and I can confirm that the LAV...
    My apologies for posting two separate issues in one posting, however, the logs I have cover both. 1. Resume playback of...
    Replies
    Views
    Since updating the BIOS and the audio driver two weeks ago, I have not experienced the above problem again.
    Since updating the BIOS and the audio driver two weeks ago, I have not experienced the above problem again.
    Occasionally if I pause Live TV then resume it later, the video keeps playing but the audio is stuck in a half second loop. As of...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 MP2 - V2.4.1 Resume playback from DE
    Ok, thanks for the User Management tip - I now get what I would expect. Now all I have to do is to figure out how to make Auto Login do what it says on the tin. The only way to make it work is to manually log in each time. Any hints as to what I'm missing with the login system?
    Ok, thanks for the User Management tip - I now get what I would expect. Now all I have to do is to figure out how to make Auto...
    So "Resume playback from" only works when MediaPortal 2 has NOT been turned off, meaning if I shut MediaPortal 2 down, restart it...
    Replies
    Views
    So far I have installed an MP1 server and MP1 clients. Now I want to connect a Raspi to the MP server. Is there a HowTO for this? I installed the MPserverKodi plugin, shared the corresponding directories, and activated smb under Windows. Nevertheless, Kodi remains with the message 'PVR Manager is being tested: 0%
    So far I have installed an MP1 server and MP1 clients. Now I want to connect a Raspi to the MP server. Is there a HowTO for this? I...
    So far I have installed an MP1 server and MP1 clients. Now I want to connect a Raspi to the MP server. Is there a HowTO for this? I...
    Replies
    Views
    Your log clearly reports: [2024-03-03 18:26:58,258] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: Wait for TV service requested [2024-03-03 18:26:58,262] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: TV service found. Checking status... [2024-03-03 18:26:58,263] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - Main: TV service is in status Running - proceeding...
    Your log clearly reports: [2024-03-03 18:26:58,258] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: Wait for TV service requested...
    MediaPortal 1.33 Release Written by Team-MediaPortal. We have just released MediaPortal 1.33 - Springtime / 20th Anniversary...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom