Australian DVB-T Retune (1 Viewer)

Collective

Portal Pro
July 13, 2008
Home Country
Australia Australia
Today here in Perth, Australia we just had the digital 'retune'

Not much to fuss about really, the only channels that were affected seems to be SBS chanels (SBS One, SBS HD, SBS Two, SBS 3 and NITV)

Now all the pathetic government information just says 'press retune on your tv', which works fine for an idiot proof tv or set top box, but I cannot get the SBS channels back in mediaportal

I have tried rescanning, managed to find a frequency setting in the TV's manual settings and input that as a new frequency for each channel, and used them to search for the new SBS transponders, but nothing has worked. The SBS website is of no help either.
http://www20.sbs.com.au/transmissions/index.php
http://www20.sbs.com.au/transmissions/index.php?pid=1&sid=7

Neither of those pages are helping.

Am I missing something incredibly simple here or is there something extra I have to do behind the scenes?
Mediaportal has always had no problems tuning into the stations before, so I assumed it would 'find' the new frequencies after this 'retune'

Thanks for any help in advance

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Make sure you're entering the frequency in kHz
    For example, to scan the Albany, WA transmitter (first in your list)...
    611.25 MHz => 611250 kHz

Also, you need to enter the bandwidth.
    For Australia that is 7 (MHz).

To be very clear, for the above example you'd scan with frequency set to 611250 and bandwith set to 7.

Does that make sense?

Collective

Portal Pro
    July 13, 2008
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    yes, I have done that. (the albany frequency you used was for defunct analogue signal ;) )
    The frequency given on the SBS website for here is 536.625 MHz, I input 536625 kHz with 7 MHz bandwidth, and have enabled Channel Movement Detection, tried scanning for predefined transponder, single transponder and for transponder lists.

I have even tried inputting the individual frequencies by editing each channel, inputting the frequencies the TV says it is now using
    SBS HD = 543500 kHz
    SBS Two = 557500 kHz
    NITV = 571500 kHz
    (all with bandwidth of 7 MHz)

Mediaportal still says no signal

--------------------

10 minutes later...

FOUND IT!!

SBS transponder is now on 184500 kHz !!!!

Collective

Portal Pro
    July 13, 2008
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Must remember to write that down for the next reinstall :cautious:
    you would think they would update their websites with the correct info for the actual retune day if not before.... o_O

Dakkith

June 1, 2013
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    @Collective I have the same problem of auto scan not picking up SBS after the change. Could you pls advise the steps you wen through to get them back? Thx.

I had a go at it and got it working like this:
    1. Load "TV-Server Configuration".
    2. TV Servers. Select tuner.
    3. Check "enable channel movement detection" and "use advanced tuning options".
    4. Select "single transponder".
    5. Enter 184500 for the frequency and 7MHz for the bandwidth.
    6. Click "scan for channels".
    That fixed up SBS for me. (y)

Collective

Portal Pro
    July 13, 2008
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    yep, that's the way to retune. The trick was finding the new transponder frequency, which I see is STILL not updated on the SBS website. I was just lucky to find it in an undocumented menu item on my TV which finally showed the transponder frequency rather than the channel frequency

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom