Australian DVB-T Retune (1 Viewer)

petrov

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 22, 2010
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    All, here are alternatives:
    1. Under Scanning you may use All Regions which will scan the 184500 Frequency (and many others that you probably don't need), or
    All Regions.png

2. Go in C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\TuningParameters\dvbt and update the corresponding .xml that applies to your region. In my case I opened Australia.All Regions.xml and Australia.QLD - Brisbane.xml side by side and copied across following section which was missing:
    <DVBTTuning>
    <Frequency>184500</Frequency>
    <BandWidth>7</BandWidth>
    <Offset>125</Offset>
    </DVBTTuning>
    ... and when done chose the updated region when scanning.
    QLD Brisbane.png

All of the above should really be updated by the MediaPortal Team and make sure that future releases have this information in.

I hope someone will pick this up.

Cheers

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

petrov

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 22, 2010
    Brisbane
    Home Country

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Can someone please submit the update as requested?

We are about to finalise 1.7.0 Pre Release, and we'd like the tuning details to be up to date.

noonereallycares

Portal Pro
    August 3, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country

We are about to finalise 1.7.0 Pre Release, and we'd like the tuning details to be up to date.

This site seems to have a complete list of the old/new frequencies.

http://vk3khb.gak.net.au/tv_lists/f_tv_lists.html

The issue will be that some of the changes haven't been completed yet. It should be possible to include BOTH the old and new frequencies and then it doesn't matter if someone retunes during the (up to three months) period where both frequencies may be live. If the new frequency is listed AFTER the old frequency in the XML file, it seems to override the old one when it is found.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

This site seems to have a complete list of the old/new frequencies.

http://vk3khb.gak.net.au/tv_lists/f_tv_lists.html

The issue will be that some of the changes haven't been completed yet. It should be possible to include BOTH the old and new frequencies and then it doesn't matter if someone retunes during the (up to three months) period where both frequencies may be live. If the new frequency is listed AFTER the old frequency in the XML file, it seems to override the old one when it is found.

Yeah, I've done this in the past for UK frequencies.

Do you have the time and inclination to provide these updates so we can get them into 1.7.0 ? You can add comments in the xml files to indicate when the frequencies are valid to/from, which will make the next update (removal of old frequencies) easier.

noonereallycares

Portal Pro
    August 3, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Do you have the time and inclination to provide these updates so we can get them into 1.7.0 ? You can add comments in the xml files to indicate when the frequencies are valid to/from, which will make the next update (removal of old frequencies) easier.

With my limited skills, the best I could offer is the XLS file attached to this post.

With 600+ regions, it is a bit hard to document. I basically ran a bunch of regular expressions to strip out the data and then moved the "new/old" value to the end of each row. Then I used another regular expression to have excel calculate which one was higher. Luckily, none of the changes involve 9A, so I was able to simply replace that with 99 to allow excel to do a lookup to find the frequency.

You need to use the frequencies in the order that they appear in the columns (left -> right) to avoid having old frequencies replace new ones during a scan.

Alternatively, just allow for all possible frequencies and not create area-specific groupings. If someone loses a channel, then it means that the next rescan will skip the now dead frequency and only find channels on the good ones.

Edit: I just stumbled across this spreadsheet of change over dates:
    http://www.communications.gov.au/__...nel-Change-Timetable-13-Feb-2014-2-Tabs2.xlsx
    It also lists only the channels that will be changing, so that may also be useful.

If there are any questions, just shout.

Attachments

• Aust DVB-T Frequencies.zip
      191.4 KB
    Last edited:

Mavidica

Portal Member
    December 9, 2013
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Can anyone help me with step by step instructions for retuning in Sydney? I've tried to follow the above, using frequency info from here http://myswitch.digitalready.gov.au/ but MP can't find any channels. The predefined setup only finds the channels that haven't moved, not surprisingly. Everything was working perfectly before the frequency changes. Thanks, hope you can help me sort it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom