Australian TV Guide (1 Viewer)

mightymoff

June 24, 2007
Trouble with scheduling

Hey guys

Looking for some direction on what im doing wrong with the scheduling of the OZ Tv downloader.

the downloader works perfect, however issue is i need to manually click the connect button in the configuration tab for it to work. In the advanced properties of the scheduled task, i have added "-auto", and when the task is run "oz tv downloader" runs and is activated (indicated by the hour glass). However a error message apears indicating that it cant connect to the dsn. to rectify this problem i just go to the congifuration tab and click the "connect" button manually and it functions normally. Obviously its not automated if i have to click the connect button, so this is my problem.
Im using latest svn builds for mP and tv server. Im also using MSsql.

Any ideas on what im doing wrong.

Thanks

whatisk

Portal Pro
May 21, 2007
Brisbane
Home Country
Australia Australia
Hi I'm hoping someone may be able to help. I have 2 identical machines with MP 0.2.3.0 installed. Identical setups as well.

I am using Big Kev's application (version 1.1.1.8) to download my Tv Guide, I can't get 1.1.14 to work.

Version 1.1.1.8 works perfectly on one machine but on the other I have gaps in my TV Guide. (I'm using Wktivo)

I have cleared the TV Database several times and reloaded and I get the same gaps. I have disabled all other grabbers and I also have Grab EPG from DVB stream disabled.

I have also tried to grab the EPG from the DVB stream I get gaps in that guide as well.

I have even done a clean install and still get the same problem, I have also tried to install and earlier version of .0.2.3.0 RC3 and still the same problem

I am not game to touch or change anything on the working machine in case the problem manifests itself there as well (If it's not broken don't fix it)

You may be asking why I have 2 machines. I am building the second machine for my brother. As mine is working faultlessly I figured I would build an identical system.

The only difference between the two machines in that I have had earlier versions of MP installed on mine.

Any suggestions would be fantastic.:confused:

As I replied in the other thread:
A while ago I was experiencing the same problem with gaps in the TVGuide.
When I had a look in the DB, I found that the genre ID number for those programs wasn't listed in the genre table in the DB.
I added an entry with the genre number and a description into the table and haven't had any issues since.

Hope it makes sense. I'm not at my machine so I can't write down exactly what I did. If you need more info, let me know.

There may be mention of this issues either in this thread somewhere, or in a separate one as I remember it popping up a while back...

mhz

Portal Member
June 27, 2005
Australia

Thanks Javelin. I downloaded the program from the link you gave me, and after removing the existing install and then installing this one i now get the following error message when trying to save the configuration

oztvmprt
Access violation at address 0041CCDA in module 'oztvmprt.exe'. Read of address 00000004.

I therefore cannot save the config.
Also, even though the "Download New Data Now" button works and tells me it is successful, i still do not get any tv guide data in Media Portal.

Javelin

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2006
    Nth Richmond NSW
    Home Country
    That is the problem I was having with 0.1.1.14 and the reason why I am using 0.1.1.8. Did you delete the OzTVGuide Dowloader folder before doing the re-install. this worked for me. Make sure you reset all your channels, you select a source for your TV guide and you reload all groups before trying to save as well. Hope this helps.

When I had a look in the DB, I found that the genre ID number for those programs wasn't listed in the genre table in the DB.
    I added an entry with the genre number and a description into the table and haven't had any issues since.

Hi Whatisk, how do I go about this? I have looked at the tvdatabase.db3 file but cannot read it. I have also reviewed the tvguide.xml file and found the problem relates to programs that only have minimal information an example is below.

</programme>
    - <programme start="20071203120000" stop="20071203123000" channel="PrimeN">
    <title>It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia</title>
    <desc />
    - <credits>
    <director />
    </credits>
    - <rating>
    <value>PG</value>
    </rating>

Now the thing is that both machines have downloaded the same data but only one machine seems to be able to interpret it all correctly.

This problem seems to defy logic. But I'm now getting used to this.

whatisk

Portal Pro
    May 21, 2007
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Javelin said:
    Hi Whatisk, how do I go about this? I have looked at the tvdatabase.db3 file but cannot read it. I have also reviewed the tvguide.xml file and found the problem relates to programs that only have minimal information an example is below.

</programme>
    <desc />
    - <credits>
    <director />
    </credits>
    - <rating>
    <value>PG</value>
    </rating>

Now the thing is that both machines have downloaded the same data but only one machine seems to be able to interpret it all correctly.

I'll look into it tonight when home and get back to you with more details of what I did.
    Briefly from memory what I did was make a note of one of the times/channels that had no info.
    I then went into the tvdatabase file, found that entry and had a look at what the genre_id was.
    I then went to the table in the database from genre_id and found that the genre number wasn't there. So, I added a record with the genre_id and gave it a description.

dbit

Portal Member
    March 23, 2007
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    That is the problem I was having with 0.1.1.14 and the reason why I am using 0.1.1.8. Did you delete the OzTVGuide Dowloader folder before doing the re-install. this worked for me. Make sure you reset all your channels, you select a source for your TV guide and you reload all groups before trying to save as well. Hope this helps.

</programme>
    <desc />
    - <credits>
    <director />
    </credits>
    - <rating>
    <value>PG</value>
    </rating>

I had the same problem. After reading Whatisk's post, I opened the tvdatabase.db3 file with SQLite Expert Personal (free download), found all the missing programs had a genre id of 0. I then added a new record to the genre table (using the Insert record button) with an id of "0" and description of "miscellaneous" .
    This solved the problem for me, big thanks to Whatisk..:D

whatisk

Portal Pro
    May 21, 2007
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    dbit said:
    I had the same problem. After reading Whatisk's post, I opened the tvdatabase.db3 file with SQLite Expert Personal (free download), found all the missing programs had a genre id of 0. I then added a new record to the genre table (using the Insert record button) with an id of "0" and description of "miscellaneous" .
    This solved the problem for me, big thanks to Whatisk..:D

Glad you got it sorted and that I can give something back to the community :D
    I should have probably mentioned that there is a DB viewer/editor program in the docs folder that is installed as part of MP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom