Australian TV Guide (1 Viewer)

whatisk

Portal Pro
May 21, 2007
Brisbane
Home Country
Australia Australia
I was wondering if there is a way to handle different channels having different delays?
I am in Brisbane and we don't have daylight savings. I have noticed that the downloaded data from OzTivo for ABC2, 7HD and 10HD appears to be an hour out. I can only assume this is due to daylight savings. All the other stations appear to be fine. I was wondering how others are handling this.

Thanks.

gokhan

Portal Member
January 14, 2008
Home Country
I tried the latest version but kept getting the assertion failed error, so I tried 1.1.1.8 as suggested by several others, but when I go to "Reset Grid" to fill in the channel names, all the names are loaded from MP but then an error comes up that says HTTP/1.1 404 not found. Any ideas why this happens? It won't let me save either, keeps saying that it cant write the xmltv file...

Big_Kev

Portal Pro
June 8, 2007
Home Country
New Version for MSSQL 2005 developer

Hi there,

I have been using OZ Tive guide successfully for some time now and I was running sql server 2005 express, but I have upgraded to developer edition... now I am no longer able to connect to the database has anyone else had this problem? Does it only work off sqlexpress? Error connecting to your server database ....

Regards Robsworld
New Version Posted.

Sorry for my lack of responsivness, I am very busy at the moment.

Kev

robsworld

Portal Member
November 8, 2007
Thanks for a great tvguide downloader that doesn't take weeks to get working.
Is there an updated version for the new API from Oztivo. (as per http://minnie.tuhs.org/xmltv/api.html)
Thanks

Thanks Kev for the updated version I ended up using the service in the end it works quite well, I noticed that as of March oztivo will change their service:http://minnie.tuhs.org/xmltv/api.html

How can we use the new api since the channels are broken up into many files

Thanks once again for your time and effort
Regards Robsworld

aidbish

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2007
    righthandside 3/4 way up
    I tried the latest version but kept getting the assertion failed error, so I tried 1.1.1.8 as suggested by several others, but when I go to "Reset Grid" to fill in the channel names, all the names are loaded from MP but then an error comes up that says HTTP/1.1 404 not found. Any ideas why this happens? It won't let me save either, keeps saying that it cant write the xmltv file...

is there any fix for this as i get this error when using the latest and .14 version
    i'm having to use .8 to get EPG data but has blanks in the tv guide

cheers

aidbish

graemef

Portal Pro
    November 28, 2004
    Perth
    Home Country
    Hi there, it is March now. Can anyone tell me if this will work with the new API for oztivo ? Love this app, the best I have seen and I really want to keep using it.

Big_Kev

Portal Pro
    June 8, 2007
    Home Country
    EPG Downloader service for new data format

Hi there, it is March now. Can anyone tell me if this will work with the new API for oztivo ? Love this app, the best I have seen and I really want to keep using it.

Hi All,

A little while ago I wrote an EPG Downloader that incorporated features for users in Sweden. It works as a service that runs in the background and downloads EPG data at a fixed time on days you select.

Now our friends at oztivo have decided to use the same method to distribute their data.

Please note that if you do use this application, please set a "random" time for your downloads, otherwise it will cause problems at oztivo if everyone is downloading at the same time.

My app is available at MP EPG Downloader

This version is only for TV Server!

To use the oztivo data, you will need to set up the following XML Data Source on the EPG page.

URL: http://minnie.tuhs.org/xmltv/channels.xml.gz

User Name: (Your registered user name)

Password: (Your registered password)

Offset (hours): (Leave Blank)

Data is Zipped: Ensure this IS checked

"URL" is a local File: Ensure this IS NOT checked

Type: Complex

Program URL Template: !!!Base-Url!!!!!!ChannelID!!!_!!!DateString!!!.xml.gz

Days: 7

Date Format: yyyy-mm-dd

For HD channels like Seven in Sydney where only the content that differs from the SD channel is included, add the SD channel to the "Fill Gaps From" column when mapping the HD channel.

Regards
    Kev

fwal

Portal Member
    March 8, 2006
    Canberra, Australia
    Home Country
    Thanks Big_Kev but I am having problems. All the setup seems to go OK but when I stop & restart nothing appears to happen. In the schedule page I get the message 'Could not access log file - please try again later'. If I go back into the EPG page there are no mappings of MP channels to download channels shown but I don't know if this is correct or not. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Fraser.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom