Australian TV Guide (1 Viewer)

Javelin

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2006
    Nth Richmond NSW
    Home Country
    dbit said:
    I had the same problem. After reading Whatisk's post, I opened the tvdatabase.db3 file with SQLite Expert Personal (free download), found all the missing programs had a genre id of 0. I then added a new record to the genre table (using the Insert record button) with an id of "0" and description of "miscellaneous" .
    This solved the problem for me, big thanks to Whatisk..:D

Glad you got it sorted and that I can give something back to the community :D
    I should have probably mentioned that there is a DB viewer/editor program in the docs folder that is installed as part of MP.

Hi Whatisk & DBit. Made the necessary changes as described an fixed the problem. I have gratefully stopped pulling my hair out. You guys are saviours.:D

charli181

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 3, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    When an Update Occurs does it delete EPG Grabber info?

Hey Big_Kev,

Once again, thanks for the great App.

I have One question on understanding how this works.

As you know, some tv stations in Aus now transmit a weeks worth of EPG over the air. What I am trying to do is have that data updated by the DVB-T EPG Grabber and then for the other channels (I think 9 off hand) have it updated by the xml file downloaded by your program.

What I need to know is that if your program when run, does it delete the EPG tables and re-populate (based on the xml file) or does it only update when there is not data in the tables for that time period.?

Big_Kev

Portal Pro
    June 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Hey Big_Kev,

Once again, thanks for the great App.

I have One question on understanding how this works.

As you know, some tv stations in Aus now transmit a weeks worth of EPG over the air. What I am trying to do is have that data updated by the DVB-T EPG Grabber and then for the other channels (I think 9 off hand) have it updated by the xml file downloaded by your program.

What I need to know is that if your program when run, does it delete the EPG tables and re-populate (based on the xml file) or does it only update when there is not data in the tables for that time period.?
    This version deletes all data before downloading... BUT ... if you are using TV Server, have a look at my EPG downloader service (forum thread https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/epg_downloader_service_tv_server_only-t32166.html )

This downloader only deletes program data for mapped channels - so just dont map the channels that you want to use DVB EPG grabber for, and enable grabbing in the TV Server Configuration for these channels only.

I have not tested this yet, but it should work.

Please let me know...

Regards
    Kev

whatisk

Portal Pro
    May 21, 2007
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Kev,

Just wondering if there is any advance of the cause of the below error in the latest version. I'm hanging out to use the channel merge feature to get a complete 7HD and 10HD guide. :)

Cheers.

I'm running MP 0.2.3.0 stable and have tried the latest version of the downloader and also get the "Access violation at address 0041D770 in module "oztvmprt.exe". Read of address 00000004" when resetting the grid, or an SQL error when trying to load the MP TV stations.

I'm not running TV Server, just MP and TV engine.

It all works fine with the older .10 though (just reinstalled it over the top of the latest and worked fine again).

fo0d

Portal Pro
    April 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Hi All,

Sorry for my lack of responses.

I am on summer holidays in beautiful Currarong - New South Wales, Australia, and will be away until about 22nd of January.

Unfortunately(?), where I am camping has no power, phone, internet etc!

I will be atending to your suggestions, problems etc. as soon as I get back.

Kev

This is from
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...l?t=27320&page=35&highlight=web+interface#348

Just letting you know it might be a week or so till he responds.

whatisk

Portal Pro
    May 21, 2007
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi All,

Sorry for my lack of responses.

I am on summer holidays in beautiful Currarong - New South Wales, Australia, and will be away until about 22nd of January.

Unfortunately(?), where I am camping has no power, phone, internet etc!

I will be atending to your suggestions, problems etc. as soon as I get back.

Kev

This is from
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...l?t=27320&page=35&highlight=web+interface#348

Just letting you know it might be a week or so till he responds.

Thanks for letting me know.
    :D

robsworld

Portal Member
    November 8, 2007
    Hi there,

I have been using OZ Tive guide successfully for some time now and I was running sql server 2005 express, but I have upgraded to developer edition... now I am no longer able to connect to the database has anyone else had this problem? Does it only work off sqlexpress? Error connecting to your server database ....

Regards Robsworld

Big_Kev

Portal Pro
    June 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Hi there,

I have been using OZ Tive guide successfully for some time now and I was running sql server 2005 express, but I have upgraded to developer edition... now I am no longer able to connect to the database has anyone else had this problem? Does it only work off sqlexpress? Error connecting to your server database ....

Regards Robsworld
    Hi Robsworld,

I am programatically adding the \SQLEXPRESS to the user name. I will add an option for full SQL server and post in the next few days...

Big Kev

lps

Portal Member
    February 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Kev,

Just wondering if there is any advance of the cause of the below error in the latest version. I'm hanging out to use the channel merge feature to get a complete 7HD and 10HD guide. :)

Cheers.

I'm running MP 0.2.3.0 stable and have tried the latest version of the downloader and also get the "Access violation at address 0041D770 in module "oztvmprt.exe". Read of address 00000004" when resetting the grid, or an SQL error when trying to load the MP TV stations.

I'm not running TV Server, just MP and TV engine.

It all works fine with the older .10 though (just reinstalled it over the top of the latest and worked fine again).

I am having similar issues. This is my first attampt at MP and your program.

I followed the instructions and when I go to download data I get the attached error. Could someone please help me to get this going.

Attachments

• oztvdownloader error.doc
      30.7 KB

dae

January 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Hi Guys,

Could you please help me with MediaPortal/OzTvDownloader configuration. I have installed MP and configured all Tv Tuners (1 Hauppauge 500 digital and 1 Hauppauge 500 MCE analog). All free to air channels configured. I also have STB connected to analog's card video input. I tried to install OzTvDownloader to get all satellite channels and FTA EPG. Installation went Ok, but during configuration I get error that MediaPortal is not found where I point to.
    After running FileMonitor I found that OzTvDownloader tried to access file \database\TvDatabaseV21.db3, but could not find it. I searched now for quite some time, but I can't find what should create this file inside MP. Please help.

Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom