Australian TV Guide (1 Viewer)

fwal

Portal Member
March 8, 2006
Canberra, Australia
Home Country
HI Big_Kev, I went in to SQL2005 manager and deleted the user (EPG) I created and then created a new user, carefully following the instructions and now it all works. I didn't notice anything different to last time but who cares.
I intend to use epgstream but so far can only get free to air digital.
Thanks again for all your great work. Fraser.

thargs

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2007
    Home Country
    Big Kev,

Just tried the latest of your program and the following errors occur (followed you instructions).

Im using 2.3.0 RC1

First error is (after downloading data from Welcome to epgStream.net!)

Error executing SQL "PRAGMA SYNCHRONOUS = NORMAL;" unsupported file format.

And when I go to save the work I have done (just put in the url for epgstream.net)

Access violation at address 0041D87E in module oztvprt.exe read address 00000004

Where to from here?

Just tried version 0.1.18 and I can import the channels from Mediaportal and get the epg data but I cant load up the grid. It wont show.

So close yet so far.

Still getting the violation error with the executable to.

Just installed version .1.1.8 and can import channels from Mediaportal. However after downloading epg data I cant make the grid.

So close yet so far.

I still get the violation error in the executible.

Just installed version .1.1.8 and can import channels from Mediaportal. However after downloading epg data I cant make the grid.

So close yet so far.

I still get the violation error in the executible.

Hellman109

Portal Member
    April 8, 2008
    Home Country
    Ive just started using MP today, after using vista media centre for a fair while using Free*EPG.

From the over the air guide Im missing SBS HD and ABC2, is it possible to use this program to JUST get those two channels? should they get the over the air EPG data? (Im in Brisbane).

Thanks

BOL_Schven

December 30, 2007
    Home Country
    Hi Big_Kev

Been using the TV Sever version of your program with great success, but the sever computer has suffered a power supply failure!! So I've been setting up a standalone box to run Mediaportal, so I downloaded the version you have here v15 and tried running it ... I got all the various violation errors that have been described in this thread and so followed the advice and downloaded v8and did a clean install and viola it worked no errors.

I noticed something which might be helpful in trying to debug the issue's with the later versions. In v15 when you choose the stand alone option, the first of the TV engine options is selected as well, that is the TV Server & Client on the same machine option, this is not the case in v8 which made me think that the newer versions were trying to connect to an SQL server even when you had chosen the Standalone Mediaportal option hence the errors.

Also while I've got your program working when I go into the Guide in MP it is showing the same data across all channels and the data is a mix of different channels. I haven't been able to sort this one out yet, any ideas on where to look?

cya

Hmmm ... just read my post!! Spelling error ... it was the server computer not the sever computer!!!

bombonator

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 23, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Ive just started using MP today, after using vista media centre for a fair while using Free*EPG.

From the over the air guide Im missing SBS HD and ABC2, is it possible to use this program to JUST get those two channels? should they get the over the air EPG data? (Im in Brisbane).

Thanks

Hellman109,

Note: I am using TV Server but the same should still apply to your questions if doing standalone MP.

Q1: Yes - I already do a similar thing and have been for a while without issue. I get my Free-To-Air data from over-the-air and my pay-tv data from the web using this downloader.

Q2: They probably should... but they don't always... In Sydney atm I only get 'Now and Next' data from SBS channels over-the-air. I am about to set up getting SBS data from the web instead but continue getting the other FTA channels from over-the-air.

Hints: Just make sure you map your channels correctly (and only the ones you need!) from within both MediaPortal's over-the-air EPG Grabber setup section AND from within Big Kev's downloader and make sure there is no overlap (i.e. don't get data for a channel from both sources - strange behaviours will probably follow) and it should be fine.

Hope it helps,
    Bombonator

globaldonkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Hey Big_Kev,

I was trying to get the standalone version of your grabber working without too much success, so I bit the bullet, migrated to TV Server and installed 0.0.0.8 of the TV Server edition. Great install guide, very simple to install and get going. Completed the job in about 5 minutes flat with no problems.

So as Ali G would say: Big it up for Big_Kev!:D :D :D :D

Just a question about the data source in the setup guide (xmltv.locost7.info) which is what I used. It downloads the full EPG in a matter of minutes which is great. Is it pretty reliable, or would you recommend going to the trouble of this new xmltv source that I'm reading about here and in other threads?

mhz

Portal Member
    June 27, 2005
    Australia
    Hi there guys.
    I recently had to format and reinstall MP on my pc and now after installing OZ TV Guide Downloader again i am getting the following error message

Assertion failed!

Program: ...gram Files\OZ TV Guide Dowloader\oztvmprt.exe
    File: .../src/btree.c
    Line: 1151

Expression: pBt->maxLeaf + 23 <=MX_CELL_SIZE

I am using version 0.1.1.15 of OZ TV Guide Dowloader and ver 0.2.3.0 of MP
    Can anyone out there help me?

dbit

Portal Member
    March 23, 2007
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Hi there guys.
    I recently had to format and reinstall MP on my pc and now after installing OZ TV Guide Downloader again i am getting the following error message

Assertion failed!

Program: ...gram Files\OZ TV Guide Dowloader\oztvmprt.exe
    File: .../src/btree.c
    Line: 1151

Expression: pBt->maxLeaf + 23 <=MX_CELL_SIZE

I am using version 0.1.1.15 of OZ TV Guide Dowloader and ver 0.2.3.0 of MP
    Can anyone out there help me?

As far as I know this program no longer works with the new oztivo api's. I have been using the EPGStream Xmltv Downloader program instead - epgStream.net Support Forum &bull; View topic - xmltvDownload.exe (Release Version)

If you are planning on upgrading to MP RC1 with Tv server you can use Big Kev's MP EPG Downloader - https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ader-service-tv-server-only-32166/#post211025 which works very well.

PhilMcCavity

Portal Pro
    May 23, 2008
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Hi Big Kev

Firstly - thanks loads for setting up the one and only Oz EPG guide that actually seems to work.

I get a crash dialog (the "report to MS" one) every time the program exits (MS SQL2005 database). I know this'll be tricky, but any clues as to what I should check?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom