Australian TV Guide (2 Viewers)

Big_Kev

Portal Pro
June 8, 2007
Home Country
New Version 0.0.0.07 Beta

Hi fwal,

I think I have found what might be causing this and I have posted a new version.

Please let me know if this fixes the problem.

Kev

Thanks Big_Kev but I am having problems. All the setup seems to go OK but when I stop & restart nothing appears to happen. In the schedule page I get the message 'Could not access log file - please try again later'. If I go back into the EPG page there are no mappings of MP channels to download channels shown but I don't know if this is correct or not. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Fraser.

Dont forget that you have to set up your URL for the EPG, then click reset and then map your channels before anything will download.

fwal

Portal Member
March 8, 2006
Canberra, Australia
Home Country
G'day Big_Kev,
I was wrong about the channel mappings not saving, I didn't look properly. I tried your new version 0.0.0.0.07 Beta but still with the same error. I watched the networking with task manager while stopping and starting the server or using reset but there was nothing and the same error was displayed. Everything seems to work fine up to that point. Thanks for your time writing both download programs and the documentation is excellent.
Fraser.

Big_Kev

Portal Pro
June 8, 2007
Home Country
New Version 0.0.0.08

G'day Big_Kev,
I was wrong about the channel mappings not saving, I didn't look properly. I tried your new version 0.0.0.0.07 Beta but still with the same error. I watched the networking with task manager while stopping and starting the server or using reset but there was nothing and the same error was displayed. Everything seems to work fine up to that point. Thanks for your time writing both download programs and the documentation is excellent.
Fraser.
Hi Fraser & Greg,

I have uploaded a new version that has a "Download Now" button on the schedule page.

If your channels have mapped correctly, then your URL and connection details should be correct.

Try the Download Now button (please note that it will stop and restart the service, then take about 30 seconds to start downloading)

Let me know what comes up in the log window...

Kev

Big_Kev,

I also have the same issue as fwal, everything seems to work fine but it doesn't download anything just says "Could not access log file - please try again later".

Greg

fwal

Portal Member
March 8, 2006
Canberra, Australia
Home Country
Hi Big_Kev,
have installed and tried 08 and I get the message "27/03/2008 2:43:08 PM - EPG Downloader could not connect to TV Server database: Error=[AnyDAC][Comp][Clnt]-340. Driver ID is not defined.
Set TADConnection.DriverName or add DriverID parameter to your connection definition"
I then went back and checked the additional user created in SQL EXPRESS and that looks ok. I am using Vista and have only one login and have UAC turned off.
Thanks, Fraser

Big_Kev

Portal Pro
June 8, 2007
Home Country
Hi Big_Kev,
have installed and tried 08 and I get the message "27/03/2008 2:43:08 PM - EPG Downloader could not connect to TV Server database: Error=[AnyDAC][Comp][Clnt]-340. Driver ID is not defined.
Set TADConnection.DriverName or add DriverID parameter to your connection definition"
I then went back and checked the additional user created in SQL EXPRESS and that looks ok. I am using Vista and have only one login and have UAC turned off.
Thanks, Fraser
Does the "Test Login" button on the manager give the same error?

Big_Kev

Portal Pro
June 8, 2007
Home Country
Can this program be used for the new Welcome to epgStream.net!
Yes it can...

You need to register first, and get your client id - this is a long string of numbers and letters allocated to you by epgstream, not the user ID you register with - see epgstream FAQ for more info.

Now create your URL string similar to below - inserting your ClientID (note: do not include the curly brackets!) and change the geographicId to the appropriate postcode - in my case, 2000 is for Sydney.

I used URL...

http://free-epg.epgstream.net/xmltv/xmltvService.aspx?clientId={ClientID}&guideType=fr ee&clientType=MediaPortal&countryCode=au&geographicId=2000&medium=digital.tv

You dont need to fill in the User Name or password fields, as the client ID you embed in the URL takes care of that.

Kev

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom