Auto DJ Mode & Rework of Last.fm code (2 Viewers)

Scrobbling to last.fm is working

• Works but no difference to existing Audioscrobbler plugin

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

hairlesshobo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2012
    Jacksonville, FL
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    This looks very promising! I probably won't use the last.fm portion of it, but I am very interested in trying out the auto DJ. I love the idea of MediaPortal picking music for me. I have a large collection (40k+ songs) and refuse to use Pandora, Slacker Radio, etc when I have everything I want on my own system. I will definitely be trying this out when I return from vacation next week. I've got 2-3 days at the end of my vacation for tinkering so that'll be the perfect time to see how this works.

-Steve

blubserl

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 25, 2008
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Been testing with (MediaPortal v1.2.0.772 (BD version)) & Second step in authentication process didn't work, but according to config.log last.fm user name was saved so i clicked just ok to close MP Config(no error or anything).

The main thing is that it works when playing in MP & DJ function is a very nice function to MP. Nice to just start playing a song in what mode you are & music player continues with same type of music, so cool!

Regards
    Roy

Baltyre

Portal Member
    April 8, 2012
    Home Country
    France France
    Can you add an option to setup a proxy to use with lastfm stuff ?
    In some country you have to use a proxy to use it for free.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Can you add an option to setup a proxy to use with lastfm stuff ?
    In some country you have to use a proxy to use it for free.
    As this only scrobbles and reads data (that bit does not even need a last.fm account) do you need a proxy? I thought that scrobbling is free in all regions

Or if you sign up to say the UK version do you need a UK IP before you can even logon??

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    Hi,
    Been testing with (MediaPortal v1.2.0.772 (BD version)) & Second step in authentication process didn't work, but according to config.log last.fm user name was saved so i clicked just ok to close MP Config(no error or anything).
    So I take it this does not scrobble for you?

Do you still have logs? Can you try again (in debug mode) and post logs if it does the same?

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    Is anyone testing this who uses the existing audioscrobbler auto playlist feature? I would be interested in how they compare

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    So I take it this does not scrobble for you?

Do you still have logs? Can you try again (in debug mode) and post logs if it does the same?

Hi,
    forgot to mention that it do scrobble to last.fm, so it's just when i clicked 2. step nothing happened.

Regards
    Roy

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    forgot to mention that it do scrobble to last.fm, so it's just when i clicked 2. step nothing happened.
    Was this with v2? there was no notification with v1 but should have been added in v2

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom