[no Bug] Auto update music db on changes in share not working (2 Viewers)

tony3ridge

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Currently artist thumbs are collected by FH only. @jameson_uk has been working on the LastFM part, but it remains a construction zone, which might explain why no artist thumbs are collected by it. Sadly he is withdrawinf from MP so this unlikely to be completed short term.

The situation is a little bit chaotic. In principle ONE plugin would be enough to scrape thumbs, info and clearart. Currently these functions are distributed among for plugins that do not cooperate.[DOUBLEPOST=1391352033][/DOUBLEPOST]@Quantor, check it out yourself. Deactivate FH, delete one artist.jpg and tjen play this artist in music under MP 1.6 - no artist picture wil be created.[DOUBLEPOST=1391352152][/DOUBLEPOST]And one more thing: 3.1 is NOT coming out of the download section. If you believe it is, then uninstal and reinstall.
    One plugin for all thumbs,info and clearart would be good, It is very confusing at the moment, mepotools uses musicbrainz to get the clearart, infohandler uses the allmusic scraper:confused:

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country

Quantor

Portal Pro
    February 9, 2013
    Bad Kreuznach
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Currently artist thumbs are collected by FH only. @jameson_uk has been working on the LastFM part, but it remains a construction zone, which might explain why no artist thumbs are collected by it. Sadly he is withdrawing from MP so this unlikely to be completed short term.

The situation is a little bit chaotic. In principle ONE plugin would be enough to scrape thumbs, info and clearart. Currently these functions are distributed among four plugins that do not cooperate.[DOUBLEPOST=1391352033][/DOUBLEPOST]@Quantor, check it out yourself. Deactivate FH, delete one artist.jpg and then play this artist in music under MP 1.6 - no artist picture wil be created.[DOUBLEPOST=1391352152][/DOUBLEPOST]And one more thing: 3.1 is NOT coming out of the download section. If you believe it is, then uninstall and reinstall.

You're right 3.1.0.0 is coming out of cul8er's FH thread....

BUT all I wanted to make clear is that FH NEVER has provided any artist thumbs or cover-art to my installation....

The folder .../Thumbs/Music where the artist-thumbs are stored does NOT belong to FH. It belongs to the plugin: AUDIOSCROBBLER...

On my current installation Fanart is handled as following:

Artist Backdrops and Art ---> FH 3.1.0.0 ---> scraped from Htbackdrops.org and Fanart.TV

Artist Thumbs and Cover-Art ---> AUDIOSCROBBLER ---> scraped from last.fm

For folder confirmation check out:

http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...ortal_Configuration/95_Plugins/Audioscrobbler

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Something that's been bugging me for a while is that some skins force the older FH dll on you when you install their skin. It should be a punishable offence. I don't get why these installer miss checking if a newer version exists before promptly screwing over a working system.

Emph

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @Quantor , no offence meant, but are you a litle bit stubborn? We dont discuss where you did gey your thumbs from, but where they do generaye today.

If you don't believe what we are saying then please delete ALL artists files in thumbs/music/artists, deactivate Fanart Handler and then watch that no new files will be created.

Now, let's stop here. This is nit generatimg any new information.

Last edited:

tony3ridge

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2012
    Home Country
    One plugin for all thumbs,info and clearart would be good, It is very confusing at the moment, mepotools uses musicbrainz to get the clearart, infohandler uses the allmusic scraper:confused:
    I am no longer developing but I have handed over the code for https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/index.php?posts/1014323
    Which did artist bios, thumbs, fanart etc all in one place...

If anyone wants the source let me know.
    I used your plugin before,exactly what I was talking about one plugin for all, hopefully someone can compile for mp 1.6

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I am no longer developing but I have handed over the code for https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/index.php?posts/1014323
    Which did artist bios, thumbs, fanart etc all in one place...

If anyone wants the source let me know.

Sure could be a nice alternative :) Thanks.

Requiem

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 1, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Back to the primary topic of this thread: I also see problems in updating my music database. I have a multiseat setup with 1.6. On the client, changes on the servers music directory are most times not updated unless I do a manual musicDB update. Unfortunately, I have no logs for this until now. Sometimes update works like a charm, sometimes it doesn't. Starting manually from config generally works but will eventually hang sometimes for no obvious reasons.
    But I think I'll have to gather logs for this. BUt I've had this since many versions and also after a completely new HTPC setup. Settings are as described on earlier pages in this thread (especially "handle folder as album" is checked, as well as the autoupdate function)

mhoogenbosch

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 21, 2008
    Utrecht, Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I guess you have to gather logs, at my place everything works great since the option was selected. Have 14.000 songs in my db.

mr_poopyhead

Portal Member
    October 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    i had the same problem with DB not auto updating...

is there any reason why "folder as album" is required for auto updating? let's move the fanart handler discussion elsewhere, so that we can get to the bottom of this... i spent hours trying to figure this out...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom