Auto3D plugin for MediaPortal 1.2 - 1.12 (GUI & TV/Beamer) (8 Viewers)

wouter1971

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2008
    Purmerend, Holland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Marcus,

The plug-in does not switch with 1.11 pre. In logging:

PluginManager: Unable to start plugin: MediaPortal.ProcessPlugins.Auto3D.Auto3D exception: System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Void MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIGraphicsContext.set_Convert2Dto3DSkewFactor(Int32)'.
    at MediaPortal.ProcessPlugins.Auto3D.Auto3D.Start()
    at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.PluginManager.StartProcessPlugins()

Marcus Venturi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 23, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Wouter, my fault, I uploaded a new version that really should work with 1.11pre. :)
    Can you download and try the plugin again?

Last edited:

Marcus Venturi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 23, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    OK guys, the Easter weekend is in front of us. It's time for the Easter Eggs. :D

For the fearless of you, I have one very special Easter Egg, something new for Auto3D. :)

Most modern TVs provide a simple 2D to 3D conversion, but my 55" Philips from 2011 does not.

Some time ago a red an interresting article about realtime 2D to 3D conversion in the 3DVision Blog from Anton Belev.

The article showed a proof of concept for a simple conversion with an AviSynth skript.

My first thought was "Wow, could be interresting for Auto3D".

Well my first approach completely failed because my I had not enough knowledge concerning the MediaPortal Core. :(

After this fail, the topic rested for a while. Some weeks ago I had an idea how I could do this in MediaPortal and gave it a second try. This times things went better. I wrote a small pattern utility to be able to check if my image skew code worked as it should.

The first outcome of this development was another plugin for MediaPortal called TestPatterns.

After a lot of tests and bugfixes I have now a first running version of this plugin, which is still buggy.

But do not expect too much, because - as explained in the link above - it is only a proof of concept!
    This approach produces many errors, that can't be fixed, but the effect is still very funny. :)

If you get headache :confused: don't blame me, I've warned you! ;)

If you want to know how this works, just follow the link above to the 3DVision Blog by Anton Belev.

Some details

The plugin now has a new page called 3D Conversion.

upload_2015-4-3_12-32-43.png

You can turn it on/off and you can modify the skew factor. See Anton's article about the details.

If you open the Auto3D menu in MediaPortal you will see a new option:
    upload_2015-4-3_12-38-46.png

If you select this, your 2D movie will appear in pseudo 3D:
    upload_2015-4-3_12-40-0.png

ONCE AGAIN: Don't blame me for your headaches ;)

HAPPY EASTER!
    :):):):):):):):):)

Attachments

• Auto3D_Exp.zip
      3 MB
    Last edited:

greybox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Great and thank you!!

I wonder why is this wonderful plugin not a part of regular MP distribution via extensions manager yet? I have to install and update it manually.

wouter1971

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2008
    Purmerend, Holland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Marcus, i have tested the new version together with the bug/feature i reported to zoon TAB movies with black bars to full screen. I can report it works beautiful!
    Now looking into the easter egg version. Thanks for all the hard work you have done!

boldie

Portal Member
    September 30, 2007
    Hi Marcus,

thanks a lot for your great plugin.

The easter rabbit brought my a new Samsung H-Series TV.
    Unfortunatly your plugin don't support it.
    Do you see any Chance to add the H-Series, too.

Agian thanks for your work. Unfortunatly I have no idea about programming, but let me know if I can donate somewhere for your hard work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom