Automatic Refreshrate Changer (2 Viewers)

mgl

Portal Member
June 9, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Installed Automatic Refreshrate Changer, but can´t get it to work.
My problem is:
resoultion changes for ex to 1280p@24hz but no Video ist played and resolution changes back to 720p@50hz in seconds.

Here my config:

<entry name="autochangerefreshrate">yes</entry>\par
<entry name="notify_on_refreshrate">yes</entry>\par
<entry name="cinema_ext">c:\\1080p.bat</entry>\par
<entry name="pal_ext">c:\\720p.bat</entry>\par
<entry name="ntsc_ext">c:\\60hz.bat</entry>\par
<entry name="tv_ext">c:\\720p.bat</entry>\par
<entry name="cinema_fps">23.976;24</entry>\par
<entry name="pal_fps">25</entry>\par
<entry name="ntsc_fps">29.97;30</entry>\par
<entry name="tv_fps">25</entry>\par
<entry name="cinema_hz">24</entry>\par
<entry name="pal_hz">50</entry>\par
<entry name="ntsc_hz">60</entry>\par
<entry name="tv_hz">50</entry>\par
<entry name="default_hz">pal_hz</entry>\par
<entry name="use_default_hz">yes</entry>\par
<entry name="devicereset">no</entry>\par
<entry name="force_refresh_rate">yes</entry>\par ( tried both )

1080p.bat
C:\Programme\PowerStrip\PStrip.exe /TARGET:1 /t:1920,638,44,148,1080,4,5,36,74250,528
wait 3

tried also 12noon Display Changer and over Ati CCC Profiles

OP: XP Sp3 MP 1.0 - ATi 2600 Pro

Without Automatic Refreshrate Changer and man res-changes it runs just fine.

Any hints would be nice.

Thx in advance.

mgl

edterbak

Portal Pro
March 4, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
@ mgl.

It could be that the video is started while the resolution is still being changed. This could result in a playback stop again.
You could give wait.exe a try. This is mentioned a couple of pages back. (search for it in this thread.) If you let the playback wait i.e. 3 sec before started, it could work maybe.

[edit]
Errrrr.. oops.. Sorry. Just saw you already use Wait.exe :confused:
Hmm.. have no other idea about what it could be...

question. What is the reason you watch pal (some avi's) in 720p and cimema in 1080p?

[edit2]
you can try 'devicereset > yes' and (in combination with) 'force_refresh_rate > no'. Maybe this makes a difference.
Why do you have "\par" behind every line??

mgl

Portal Member
June 9, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
@ mgl.

question. What is the reason you watch pal (some avi's) in 720p and cimema in 1080p?

[edit2]
you can try 'devicereset > yes' and (in combination with) 'force_refresh_rate > no'. Maybe this makes a difference.
Why do you have "\par" behind every line??

My Plasma only supports 24hz in 1080p.

Tried 'devicereset > yes' , res changes, but then i have to start 2-3 times the movie to beginn. With the TV-series plugin i then got a total crash, so my hole tv-series database was corrupt.

"\par" is a good hint, i´ll try without.

tried it without "\par", but no luck :-( , same as before.

edterbak

Portal Pro
March 4, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
My Plasma only supports 24hz in 1080p.
Maybe a stupid question, does it support 1080p @ 24hz + 50hz + 60hz?
If it does, it is probably better and more stable to stick to one resolution.

Tried 'devicereset > yes' , res changes, but then i have to start 2-3 times the movie to beginn. With the TV-series plugin i then got a total crash, so my hole tv-series database was corrupt.
Are you using moving pictures? If so; Can you check if you get the same results with the MP standard movies section. Just to eliminate there is a combination problem with any of the plugins.

I see you are using a xx.bat file. It works outside MP as well. Just run it, to see and check if the .bat files run the commands propperly.

Are you using MP in VMR9 in exclusive mode or EVR?

mgl

Portal Member
June 9, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Maybe a stupid question, does it support 1080p @ 24hz + 50hz + 60hz?
If it does, it is probably better and more stable to stick to one resolution.

Are you using moving pictures? If so; Can you check if you get the same results with the MP standard movies section. Just to eliminate there is a combination problem with any of the plugins.

I see you are using a xx.bat file. It works outside MP as well. Just run it, to see and check if the .bat files run the commands propperly.

Are you using MP in VMR9 in exclusive mode or EVR?

I normaly use 720p because my tv is a HD-ready.

I´am not using moving pitures, just the standart movies section.

The .bat files works fine outside the MP, but outside MP i normaly close MP and start again for res changes.

I´am using VMR9 in exl. mode.

edterbak

Portal Pro
March 4, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
So if I understand HD-ready correctly, it does accept full hd signals. The only thing is that the image is downscaled to 720P (in the TV), and then displayed. The resulting image quality in your case is the same if you have 1080P signal or 720P.

So theoretically, it is possible to always use 1080P with your TV with the three refreshrates. If there is no objection otherwise, it is worth a try in my opinion. Im guessing your specs would allow nice 1080P signal processing.

mgl

Portal Member
June 9, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
With 1080p it seems to work. But i have to use 12noon Display Changer, Powerstrip has probs with 1080p@50.
I would like to use Powerstrip, because refreshrate aber more accurate (ex 23.976).

Could it be that RRC is not working with dvd-images ?

Anyway big :D for helping.

edterbak

Portal Pro
March 4, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Well, it should work ok with any file. In my system it also works well with dvd-images. So what the problem is here, is another question. I had problems with powerstrip as well. It looked like if the refreshrate where it is changing to is very close to the starting refreshrate, the tv or ati video card doesnt really detect the change. If the it did work or not, I dont know. But now I use 12NOON as well. ATI profiles worked for me as well, but I like 12noon more.

edterbak

Portal Pro
March 4, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
@ Gibman.

I just saw there is a new SVN released. I also remember that you were telling us something about this feature maybe being implemented on MP standard. Is there any news? Is it already in this svn or is this a bit whishfull thinking :).

Thank you for your response.

Slurm

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 16, 2006
    Graz
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    @ Gibman.

I just saw there is a new SVN released. I also remember that you were telling us something about this feature maybe being implemented on MP standard. Is there any news? Is it already in this svn or is this a bit whishfull thinking :).

Thank you for your response.

It's in the svn now and works flawlessly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom