Automatic Refreshrate Changer (2 Viewers)

edterbak

Portal Pro
March 4, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
@ FBW

I had something similar. If I play a avi + subs and from there the info button > subtitles, I was able to select the sub. But it did not show. In the external MP configuration program, I had to go to Movies section (not a subitem) and on the second tab (subtitles) enable the subtitles. After this, it workes for me again.

FBW

December 13, 2008
I also played with the settings a bit, and I managed to get subtitles to show only with 'display subtitles' enabled in mediaportal's video configuration section, and setting directvobsub to 'always load'. However with the settings like that the result is that subtitles show by default, and that's not desired behavor. I just want to be able to turn them on, as it worked before. Also, by forcing subtitles to load the TVSeries plugin suddenly stopped starting playback with anything that does not have any subtitles in the .MKV file. With RC4 (and the RC4 variant of refresh rate changer) having subtitles disabled by default still allowed me to turn them on on demand, no issues.

This should not be an issue directly related to refresh rate changer but oddly it showed up when nothing else was changed, which puzzles me.

psykoman

Portal Pro
August 30, 2006
Graz
Home Country
Austria Austria
Hello guys,

gave the RR Changer a try since I upgraded to 1.0 a week ago.
With 1.0 and the latest RR Changer 0.61 I've got a few problems.
When using the TV-Series plugin, when it gets back from playback, the list is messed up and the banners are gone.
When entering TV (TV is switched on automatically), I get the error "No Video/Audio found" with RR changer disabled in XML, I works just fine. If I start TV again (with resolution changed), TV works fine.

Any ideas what could cause these problems?

My Config

<entry name="autochangerefreshrate">no</entry>

<entry name="notify_on_refreshrate">yes</entry>

<entry name="cinema_ext">c:\\24Hz.cmd</entry>

<entry name="pal_ext">c:\\50Hz.cmd</entry>

<entry name="ntsc_ext">c:\\60Hz.cmd</entry>

<entry name="tv_ext">c:\\50Hz.cmdt</entry>

<entry name="cinema_fps">23.976;24</entry>

<entry name="pal_fps">25</entry>

<entry name="ntsc_fps">29.97;30</entry>

<entry name="tv_fps">25</entry>

<entry name="cinema_hz">24</entry>

<entry name="pal_hz">50</entry>

<entry name="ntsc_hz">60</entry>

<entry name="tv_hz">50</entry>

<entry name="default_hz">ntsc_hz</entry>

<entry name="use_default_hz">yes</entry>

<entry name="devicereset">no</entry>

<entry name="force_refresh_rate">no</entry>

Example for a cmd file using Display Changer and wait.exe

"c:\\Program Files\\12noon Display Changer\\dc.exe" -width=1920 -height=1080 -refresh=24 -apply -quiet

c:\\wait 3

Logs attached

edterbak

Portal Pro
March 4, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
@ Psykoman

I have an issue like that as well. When starting playback of a file, the RR switching doesnt cause a problem. But when I stop the playback and the old RR is supposed to come up again, it often causes MP to crash. This is apparently not handled the way it should be. Thats why I don't use the <entry name="use_default_hz">yes</entry> option. I have a 'no' here, and I dont have this problem anymore. Its not how I would have liked it, but for now it works. aybe this issue is something Gibman can help in.

[edit]

I notice this
"c:\\Program Files\\12noon Display Changer\\dc.exe" -width=1920 -height=1080 -refresh=24 -apply -quiet

You have the double backslashes in the cmd file as well. Is it supposed to be like that? I use a .bat file and have single backslashes, and it works here.

psykoman

Portal Pro
August 30, 2006
Graz
Home Country
Austria Austria
@ Psykoman

I have an issue like that as well. When starting playback of a file, the RR switching doesnt cause a problem. But when I stop the playback and the old RR is supposed to come up again, it often causes MP to crash. This is apparently not handled the way it should be. Thats why I don't use the <entry name="use_default_hz">yes</entry> option. I have a 'no' here, and I dont have this problem anymore. Its not how I would have liked it, but for now it works. aybe this issue is something Gibman can help in.

[edit]

I notice this

You have the double backslashes in the cmd file as well. Is it supposed to be like that? I use a .bat file and have single backslashes, and it works here.

Thx for your reply, will experiment with the default_hz in the following days.
The double backslashes doesn't cause a problem, the cmd files work fine if I execute them.

Just noticed that a resolution/Hz change to 1080p24 within MP right before playback also causes a asynchronous A/V playback. If I switch manually to 1080p24, start MP afterwards there isn't any problem.

cheers
Geri

WildWayz

Portal Member
December 30, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Forgive me for being dim - I don't have a mediaportal.xml file on my Vista build. I've unhidden files and folders and the only mediaportal.xml found is for IntelliRemote.

Am I doing something wrong? I also have PowerStrip but not sure if I still need to do the .cmd part of the guide.

Any help is appreciated!

frenzy

Portal Pro
April 29, 2008
Home Country
France France
@ WildWayz
You need to edit the file mediaportal.xml. You can find this file at the following location.
XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal
Vista: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

If you are unable to locate the folder "Application Data" than you probably need to make sure you are able to view "hidden folders". (XP: My Computer > Tools > Folder Options > Tab: View > Enable: Show hidden files and folders)

Have you followed these instructions exactly?

WildWayz

Portal Member
December 30, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Yes - i've followed them. I always enable hidden files and folders.

When I search for it, it finds
C:\Users\xxxxxxx\AppData\Roaming\IntelliRemote\mediaportal.xml
and
C:\Users\xxxxxxx\AppData\Local\IntelliRemote\mediaportal.xml

If I browse to C:\Users\xxxxxxxx\AppData and go into all 3 of the folders, there is nothing in there relating to MediaPortal - only things like Microsoft, Uniblue, Vandyke etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom