Automatic Refreshrate Changer (1 Viewer)

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    @ Gibman.

I just saw there is a new SVN released. I also remember that you were telling us something about this feature maybe being implemented on MP standard. Is there any news? Is it already in this svn or is this a bit whishfull thinking :).

Thank you for your response.

It's in the svn now and works flawlessly.

Great news! I am now totally reliant on it, as it works perfectly for all my media.

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    :eek: :eek:

Wooot!!! This is awsome!

Good time to update the Starting Post maybe :D
    - Wait.exe isnt in there
    - Vista directory isnt completed yet.
    - Correct 12Noon commandline
    - Add example of external commands (.bat file)

Maybe someone can even create an easier to use kind of user interface to input the rules.
    ie. 24fps media > use 24hz.
    25fps media > use 50hz... etc.

gibman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 4, 2006
    Aarhus
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi gents.

Yes it's in SVN now.

The config part has not been implemented yet. So u still have to manually edit the xml file.
    Also I plan on adding an internal win32 API refreshrate switcher for those not needing external jobs to complete this. Vista users as an example.

/gibman

cmbe

Portal Pro
    March 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Portugal Portugal
    Hi Gibman, thanks for such a great work.

Is this also possible right now, or planned (the discrete identification of fps with the possibility to associate their respective script to change RR accordingly)?

Cinema 23.976 == 23.976fps == 23.976Hz
    Cinema 24 == 24fps == 24Hz
    PAL == 25fps == 50Hz
    NTSC 29.97 == 29.97fps == 59.94Hz
    NTSC 30 == 30fps == 60Hz

:D

Nazgulled

Portal Pro
    January 1, 2009
    Home Country
    Portugal Portugal
    What do you guys mean by that? I know what's SVN, I just don't understand what are you saying... Does it mean that in the next official MP version, Automatic Refreshrate Changer will be integrated or what?

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    @ Nazgulled
    Short anwser: Yes
    Little longer anwser:
    Up untill now you needed to copy and overwrite the core.dll + mediaportal.exe which is standard in MP with the one Gibman provided. This is because the adjusted files enables the framerate check on the mediafile played. This feature has apparently now been accepted into the core. (there was a feature freeze untill version 1.0 final, so it wasn't accepted). Therefore, now Gibman does not need to adjust the files anymore.
    The ONLY thing that still has to be done from now on, is the editing part of mediaportal.xml like described in the starting post.

And maybe in the (near) future, a simple graphical user interface will be created in order edit the parameters in mediaportal.xml for this feature. This would make the usage of this feature REALY easy. Thus a lot more people will be using it. :D Result: Mediaportal is unique!! :)

Nazgulled

Portal Pro
    January 1, 2009
    Home Country
    Portugal Portugal
    If this thing is already in SVN, I would recommend someone to start writing the GUI to configure that. It's kind bad to have the feature there but no way to configure it visually and only people that know about this, will change the XML file, people that don't yet know about this, won't change anything and thus, will not take any advantage.

It would be nice to implement the thing that I suggested a couple post back too cause other media centers I tested worked like that (Vista Media Center and XBMC are 2 examples). And I'm talking about changing the resolution when MP is launched and change it back when MP is closed.

cmbe
    I need to ask you this... Does your TV really support 23,976Hz? I can see that mine allows me to choose between 23Hz, 24Hz and a few others of course. Are you saying this instead:

Cinema 23.976 == 23.976fps == 23Hz
    Cinema 24 == 24fps == 24Hz

?

Or does your TV really support 23,976Hz?

cmbe

Portal Pro
    March 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Portugal Portugal
    Hi Nazgulled,

Yes, my TV supports all the timings I stated before, 23.976Hz included. All Pioneer Kuro "top of the line" from 8th and 9th generation do...

FBW

December 13, 2008
    I hadn't upgraded to Mediaportal 1.0 yet until today, and once I had everything running I realized that I forgot to add the refreshrate changer.
    However, the moment I replaced the files and started up mediaportal again, directvobsub suddenly stopped working, leaving me without subtitles. I can select them in the menu, but they just don't display.

Since the only change was replacing the stock 1.0 files with the refreshrate changer build ones, I really can't see any other cause. The plugin is still enabled in mediaportal's configuration, and no settings seem to have changed. I even upgraded to the latest version of directvobsub to verify it wasn't a compatibility issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom