Automatic Refreshrate Changer (1 Viewer)

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    For Vista it is under:
    C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal

Ah, so THATS the folder in Vista. :D I dont use Vista, so didnt know the correct path while writing the first post. :) This should help.

Just to let you all know that the path is one for all OSes: %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal

Simone

WildWayz

Portal Member
    December 30, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Right-o

My TV runs at a max of 1080i. My nVidia control panel allows the resolution of 1920x180. Would it be best to set it up as 1280x720 with progressive in the custom resolution, or set it to 1920x1080 with interlacing?

Also, when I go into MP and select to play a movie, it will ask if I want to resume the movie - I select either yes or no, then it asks me again... and again... and again and eventually it will play it.

Here's my setup:

Desktop is 1280x720 32bit colours @ 50hz.

mediaportal.xml
    <entry name="autochangerefreshrate">yes</entry>
    <entry name="notify_on_refreshrate">no</entry>
    <entry name="cinema_ext">c:\\24hz.cmd</entry>
    <entry name="pal_ext">c:\\50hz.cmd</entry>
    <entry name="ntsc_ext">c:\\60hz.cmd</entry>
    <entry name="tv_ext">c:\\50hz.cmd</entry>
    <entry name="cinema_fps">23.976;24</entry>
    <entry name="pal_fps">25</entry>
    <entry name="ntsc_fps">29.97;30</entry>
    <entry name="tv_fps">25</entry>
    <entry name="cinema_hz">24</entry>
    <entry name="pal_hz">50</entry>
    <entry name="ntsc_hz">60</entry>
    <entry name="tv_hz">50</entry>
    <entry name="default_hz">pal_hz</entry>
    <entry name="use_default_hz">yes</entry>
    <entry name="devicereset">yes</entry>
    <entry name="force_refresh_rate">no</entry>

.cmd files show:
    c:\\windows\\system32\\rundll32.exe NvCpl.dll,dtcfg setmode 1 1280 720 32 24
    c:\\windows\\system32\\rundll32.exe NvCpl.dll,dtcfg setmode 1 1280 720 32 50
    c:\\windows\\system32\\rundll32.exe NvCpl.dll,dtcfg setmode 1 1280 720 32 60

I just used that wait.exe and set it to 10 seconds - works a treat now! Is there a better way ie if I use Power Strip?

psykoman

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2006
    Graz
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    With 1.0 and the latest RR Changer 0.61 I've got a few problems.
    When using the TV-Series plugin, when it gets back from playback, the list is messed up and the banners are gone.

Additional infos to this problem:
    I deactivated RR Changer in XML file, but kept the replaced core.dll and MediaPortal.exe
    Before I thought the problem with the TV-Series plugin was caused by resolution/RR change. But after deactivating the RR changer, the problem still remained. After replacing core.dll and MediaPortal.exe with the original ones from 1.0, the problem was gone. That means, the described problem is caused by modified code in the dll or exe –*hope this helps to track down the bug.

Rayures

Portal Pro
    October 8, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    like earlier posts, i also have a sync issue.

when playing mkv, RRC changes the set from 50hz to 24hz nicely (tv shows 24p input). But slowly the movie is getting more and more out of sync. When i press pause it resyncs and starts over with getting more and more out of sync.

any solution for this?

Vista32, 780G, 4850e, MP1.0.

Slurm

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 16, 2006
    Graz
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    like earlier posts, i also have a sync issue.

when playing mkv, RRC changes the set from 50hz to 24hz nicely (tv shows 24p input). But slowly the movie is getting more and more out of sync. When i press pause it resyncs and starts over with getting more and more out of sync.

any solution for this?

Vista32, 780G, 4850e, MP1.0.

I don't know what codecs you are using, but try to set them to powerdvd (cyberlink) for video and ffdshow for audio. At least in my case it solved the sync problems.

Rayures

Portal Pro
    October 8, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    codecs in use: CoreAVC for x264; all other video ffdshow and AC3filter for audio

will try your suggestion, hope it solves it. tnx!

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Rayures

For your audio; Do you use digital spdif to your receiver? What is your setup. *(Maybe wise to fill in your system specs in your profile. Gives more/better info and makes it easiers for us.)

Rayures

Portal Pro
    October 8, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Filled in my system specs :)

I do not use the optical spdif, i use the 6ch direct output from the soundcard. Witch is connected to a logitech z5500.

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Rayures,
    Can you check if the RRC feature is detecting the FR of the mediafile correctly? You can disable RRC, and set the refreshrate manually to 24 and play. Then set it to 50 and play and finaly 60hz and play. (what ever your options are you use.)

If you see that the problem is gone @50hz, then this could be the cause of the problem. This eliminates atleast one possible cause..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom