Automatic Refreshrate Changer (2 Viewers)

VoGoD

Portal Member
November 6, 2008
Hi, edterbak!

I have installed Haali Media Splitter, but I don't have installed the version you comment but the 2008 version. This version also had AVI support. In this way, do you think is better the new version? I will try it.

Thank you, man!

Vimes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2009
    Earth, for now
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    SVN updated.

dynamic refreshrate changer; added support for internally changing the refresh rate using win32 api code (no need for powerstrip or any other 3rd party tool, making things alot easier for the average joe).

Just use empty sections like <entry name="pal_ext"></entry> + for the other XXX_ext sections as well.
    the mp.log should give u a clue if the internal method is used or not...

example.
    2009-01-16 20:24:59.250000 [Info.][MPMain]: RefreshRateChanger.SetRefreshRateBasedOnFPS: using internal win32 method for changing refreshrate. current is 60hz, desired is 59

Also added configuration section in configuration.exe , look in the general section. No need to edit XML by hand.

So if u want to try it out, grab the latest SVN when its public.

/gibman

Excellent news, just as my eyes started to glaze over after scratching my head for a while on where to start I now read you have generously given thought to people just like me :D

I patiently await the chance to try the dynamic refresh rate changer.

Woggle

Portal Member
    December 13, 2008
    Hiya,

I hope you might be able to help. Tried to watch a blueray disc last night and the picture jerked a number of times.

I'm therefore installing this and wanted to check a couple of things. My setup is as follows:

<entry name="autochangerefreshrate">yes</entry>
    <entry name="notify_on_refreshrate">yes</entry>
    <entry name="cinema_ext">c:\\Program Files\\12noon Display Changer\\dc.exe -refresh=24 -apply -quiet</entry>
    <entry name="pal_ext">c:\\Program Files\\12noon Display Changer\\dc.exe -refresh=50 -apply -quiet</entry>
    <entry name="ntsc_ext">c:\\Program Files\\12noon Display Changer\\dc.exe -refresh=60 -apply -quiet</entry>
    <entry name="tv_ext">c:\\\\50hz.cmd</entry>
    <entry name="cinema_fps">23.976;24</entry>
    <entry name="pal_fps">25</entry>
    <entry name="ntsc_fps">29.97;30</entry>
    <entry name="tv_fps">25</entry>
    <entry name="cinema_hz">24</entry>
    <entry name="pal_hz">50</entry>
    <entry name="ntsc_hz">60</entry>
    <entry name="tv_hz">50</entry>
    <entry name="default_hz">pal_hz</entry>
    <entry name="use_default_hz">no</entry>
    <entry name="devicereset">no</entry>
    <entry name="force_refresh_rate">no</entry>

I've got 12noon Display Changer installed. Presumably I need to create a cmd file and place it in Program Files\12 noon Display Changer folder? What should these be named and what should be included within them? Does this look right (I have wait.exe installed) and do I need to create the same for 50 and 60?

"c:\\Program Files\\12noon Display Changer\\dc.exe" -width=1280 -height=720 -refresh=24 -apply -quiet
    c:\\wait 3

Current setup is Windows XP SP3 with ATI Radeon HD3200 Graphics Card (CCC 8.12). TV is a Samsung - it doesn't cover 1080p just 720p and 1080i (prefer 720p). Currently I have it set to 1280x720 with a refresh rate of 50Hz.

Help much appreciated!

anvandarnamn

Portal Pro
    February 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    thanks for a great plugin!

trying out the new svn now, but the problem is that it doesnt actually change the refreshrate, any ideas why?

thanks!

ok, got it to work with12noon Display Changer but im still having problems with the audio being waay out of sync, this is not a problem with windows mediaplayer so i suspect this being a bug in mediaportal...

seems like mediaportal is giving false information to the renderer (in my case EVR)
    the reported framerate in the EVR properties while playing a movie in mediaportal is like 60000 (should be 23.976) or something like that, when playing the same file in windows mediaplayer it is reported at 23.976 like it should be....

so theres certainly a bug in mediaportal preventing the EVR renderer (or any other) to retreive the correct framerate.
    Oddly enough there is no problem while keeping your refreshrate at 60hz, but mediaportal still gives the incorrect framerate though...

VoGoD

Portal Member
    November 6, 2008
    Just to be sure you know. There is a new Matroska splitter from 1-2 weeks ago. This one also handles avi files very well.

I detected the problem.

I have Windows Vista. If I check EVR option in Video Render Settings doesn't work properly. I have to use VMR9.

mp_conf_04-full;init:.jpg

Thanks!

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic

phunqe

Portal Pro
    April 28, 2007
    I am going for a projector and a scaler, so having an external scaler means I want my HTPC to output the video in it's native resolution without any scaling whatsoever. The refresh rate changer functionailty currently present in the SVN, does that allow for resolution change as well?

Thank you.

frenzy

Portal Pro
    April 29, 2008
    Home Country
    France France
    I am going for a projector and a scaler, so having an external scaler means I want my HTPC to output the video in it's native resolution without any scaling whatsoever. The refresh rate changer functionailty currently present in the SVN, does that allow for resolution change as well?

Thank you.

Try to upscale correctly with ffdshow before you spend any money and see if the hardware upscaler does a better job. There are contradicting opinions so check beforehand.

phunqe

Portal Pro
    April 28, 2007
    Thanks for the input. I am going to use the scaler for other SD sources as well, not just the HTPC.

I will try ffdshow again just out of curiosity however, when I did it a while back it seemed the CPU requirements were tremendous (for an upscale that would rival that of a high end TV or scaler).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom