Automatic Refreshrate Changer (3 Viewers)

gibman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 4, 2006
    Aarhus
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Just updated the SVN with this fix;

0001967: dynamic refreshrate could cause playback to stop. - MediaPortal Bugtracker

Finally took the time to install mytvseries plugin, thanks to Dexter - awesome series, hehe.

/gibman

I noticed the bug tracker says that this is an XP only issue. I see this issue on Vista too, and I also see it with the Moving Pictures plug-in. Is this likely to be the same bug? I sometimes need to hit play repeatedly after the first initial refresh rate change, not just once more too.

Great work though, I must say, once it does start playing I can enjoy stutter free 24hz playback.

I have not testet on vista, since I dont have that so called OS installed :)
    But the chances are that it's resolved for vista as well.
    Havent looked at how moving pictures starts video playback.. But I'd bet it's the same deal.
    So it should be fixed as well ...

now we just need a public build huh ?

/gibman

CCob

Portal Pro
    November 10, 2008
    Just updated the SVN with this fix;

0001967: dynamic refreshrate could cause playback to stop. - MediaPortal Bugtracker

Finally took the time to install mytvseries plugin, thanks to Dexter - awesome series, hehe.

/gibman

I noticed the bug tracker says that this is an XP only issue. I see this issue on Vista too, and I also see it with the Moving Pictures plug-in. Is this likely to be the same bug? I sometimes need to hit play repeatedly after the first initial refresh rate change, not just once more too.

Great work though, I must say, once it does start playing I can enjoy stutter free 24hz playback.

I have not testet on vista, since I dont have that so called OS installed :)
    But the chances are that it's resolved for vista as well.
    Havent looked at how moving pictures starts video playback.. But I'd bet it's the same deal.
    So it should be fixed as well ...

now we just need a public build huh ?

/gibman

Indeed we do, or check out the code and build it our selves (don't quite fancy that myself :D ). Nice work on the fix, can't wait to test it.

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    I just tried the latest SVN, having the configuration inside normal config is great. I didn't unfortunately get any success by blanking out the command files, is there anything I need to do (prerequisites) for the win32 method to work?

winniwinter

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 5, 2009
    Freiburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

been using (well, trying to) the refresh rate changer since it's inclusion in latest svn. Everything seems to be working correctly, except 23.976fps files. These files, all .avi format, when played back with the screen changed to a 24hz refresh rate, keep getting further and further out of sync with the audio. This happens whether I use the refresh rate changer or set the refresh rate in the nVidia control panel. These files play back fine (barring the judder) when screen is set to 50hz.
    Is this a codec issue? I've been using ffdshow for .avi files.
    Any thoughts on how to deal with this issue would be greatly appreciated.:D

im also having the exact same problem... there seems to be a bug in mediaportal as a lot of people is having problems with 23,976 material playing at the correct hz

seems like mediaportal is giving false information to the renderer (in my case EVR)
    the reported framerate in the EVR properties while playing a movie in mediaportal is like 60000 (should be 23.976) or something like that, when playing the same file in windows mediaplayer it is reported at 23.976 like it should be....

so theres certainly a bug in mediaportal preventing the EVR renderer (or any other) to retreive the correct framerate.
    Oddly enough there is no problem while keeping your refreshrate at 60hz, but mediaportal still gives the incorrect framerate though...

same problem happens on my htpc. using mp, vista 32bit home premium. how can i have a look what framerate informations is send to the evr while playback?! :mad:

Spaldo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2008
    FlashFXP Development Team
    Home Country
    Hi,

I also get this problem and this idea is great!

I have read a few pages, but, cant read 47 of them... It looks like this is being implemented into the SVN build of MP ? Does it look like it will be part of future versions with less of the installation procedures as the first post ? It is a little much.

Thanks for your effort/idea

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    With the current SVN you can already change things from within configuration.
    It should be easier to install as you can see in the picture. I havent tried blacked out commands, so I can not comment on that.
    This is what you see in configuration.

Attachments

• svn.png
      svn.png
      34 KB

winniwinter

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 5, 2009
    Freiburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hey again,

because of the out on sync problem i tried some stuff in vista using my ultravnc to control the htpc. everytime i was connected the sound was never out of sync. few minutes ago i tried again to watch a movie. and there again out of sync! then i recognized that always when i was connected with my ultravnc areo was deactivated.
    so I deactivated aero and startet the move again. everything is fine! no out of sync....have to test this more detailed. but all people with sync probs using vista. could you try the same and give a little feedback?

I'm using CoreAVC+ACFilter+EVR

ok i tested it now on 2 movies. never out of sync. but now i have a tearing problem. that suckts. looks like it is beacuse i use EVR without aero?! :(
    if I use VMR9 and want to start a hd movie mp minimizes and starts playing the movie or i just have a black screen...

Spaldo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2008
    FlashFXP Development Team
    Home Country
    With the current SVN you can already change things from within configuration.
    It should be easier to install as you can see in the picture. I havent tried blacked out commands, so I can not comment on that.
    This is what you see in configuration.

Thanks for the reply :)

I will give it a go when 1.0.1 is released!

Looking forward to this helping out and fixing a annoying issue...

Vimes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2009
    Earth, for now
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    hey again,

because of the out on sync problem i tried some stuff in vista using my ultravnc to control the htpc. everytime i was connected the sound was never out of sync. few minutes ago i tried again to watch a movie. and there again out of sync! then i recognized that always when i was connected with my ultravnc areo was deactivated.
    so I deactivated aero and startet the move again. everything is fine! no out of sync....have to test this more detailed. but all people with sync probs using vista. could you try the same and give a little feedback?

ok i tested it now on 2 movies. never out of sync. but now i have a tearing problem. that suckts. looks like it is beacuse i use EVR without aero?! :(
    if I use VMR9 and want to start a hd movie mp minimizes and starts playing the movie or i just have a black screen...

Is your out of sync issues a fixed amount where it needs the audio to be delayed..? If that is the case then just add that value to the delay feature in the AC3 config. I have added 160ms delay and all is well for me.

Zarathrustra

Portal Member
    December 26, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    hey again,

Same problem here. I just keep losing sync by varying amounts when using EVR. Nothing seems to fix it.

Using VMR9 there's no sync issues at all, but I get the same bugs you're seeing with it.

Screwed either way :/ I've just been putting up with the bugs with VMR9 - they tend to only be intermittent (but still damn annoying)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom