Automatic Refreshrate Changer (2 Viewers)

akiaki

Portal Pro
September 15, 2008
Zagreb
Home Country
Croatia Croatia
I've been using this plugin from the start and everything was ok but now I wanted to change resolutions and no joy here. My default setting is 50hz at 720p resolution (tv works better), and I wanted all 24hz files to be played on 1080p resolution. My problems:
media won't start, resolution is changed to 1080p. if i hit play second time it works but cannot continue playing as it looks like i played for one second and stopped...
when it changes to 1080p and I watch something, it doesn't revert back to 720p as preferred profile.
all of the options are set up fine. tried 12noon and ati profile settings and wait.exe too. no go.
only if i set devicereset then it plays but no controls so no go either...

jet70

Portal Pro
March 7, 2009
Home Country
England England
Hi there,

Sorry for the delay, but I have spent hours reinstalling everything since I had mucked about so much with my older install that it was difficult to know where problems were stemming from.

I have reinstalled Vista, Mediaportal 1 and then the latest SVN and am running StreamedMP.

I can now state that physical media does trigger a refresh rate and that my install was causing some unknown issues.

However, an interesting point has emerged. Playing the disc triggered a refresh rate change to 50Hz (PAL) (which is correct) and then within a second, changed it to NTSC 60Hz which is incorrect and causes judder.

I analysed the fies in Mediainfo. The disc is a DVD rip to Movie only and the movie i.e. .vob files are PAL 50HZ. However, a video_ts.bup file a menu file which is retained but blanked to maintain DVD structure is NTSC and throws the refresh rate changer.

Anyone have any ideas how to convert a file like this to PAL? This is not an issue for the refresh rate changer, but it is something that is probably worth being aware of.

Hi,

I have reinstalled Vista, Mediaportal 1 and then added latest SVN and am running StreamedMP.

The refresh rate changer seems to be running correctly - thank you.

However, I have an annoying problem that I am hoping someone can help me with.

I have integrated ATI HD3200 and call 12 noon to change the refresh rates in quiet mode.

What seems to happen, is that the call takes place, the refresh changes, but the size of the movie playing does not fill the screen. I get 2-3 inch bars on the left and right hand sides.

It seems to be scaling problem, but changing aspect in Mediaportal, scales up to the bars. It is as if the screen resolution is being changed when the refresh rate is changed.

Anyone have any ideas?

Many thanks.

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    Hi there,
    Hi,

I have reinstalled Vista, Mediaportal 1 and then added latest SVN and am running StreamedMP.

The refresh rate changer seems to be running correctly - thank you.

However, I have an annoying problem that I am hoping someone can help me with.

I have integrated ATI HD3200 and call 12 noon to change the refresh rates in quiet mode.

What seems to happen, is that the call takes place, the refresh changes, but the size of the movie playing does not fill the screen. I get 2-3 inch bars on the left and right hand sides.

It seems to be scaling problem, but changing aspect in Mediaportal, scales up to the bars. It is as if the screen resolution is being changed when the refresh rate is changed.

Anyone have any ideas?

Many thanks.

... you have to do the settings in CCC for each resolution/refreshrate for 1:1/NonScaling by manually switching through the desired modes (50, 60, 24).

jet70

Portal Pro
    March 7, 2009
    Home Country
    England England
    When the refresh rate changes on playing a movie, it seems the resolution changes for Mediaportal and does not fill the screen using 12 noon. This was OK for me in my previous install. It is as if it goes to a resolution width of 1440 or something and not the full 1920!

When I exit Mediaportal, it reverts to the default 50Hz set in mediaportal.xml and the Vista desktop resumes to full screen 1920 by 1080.

Are you suggesting setting up 3 profiles in ATI and calling these instead of 12 noon?

Thanks.

jet70

Portal Pro
    March 7, 2009
    Home Country
    England England
    ATI Res Change with 12 noon

As stated above, 12 Noon works but seems to resize the resolution when resetting the refresh rate.

I seem to have this fixed by calling the ATI Catalyst CLI.exe as described in the first item in this thread. The calls however (for me anyhow) did not work when inserted in the mediaportal xml. I placed a command for each of the modes in a different batch file - one for Cinema, PAL and NTSC. I then call the batch file in the refresh rate settings in the xml/refresh rate changer settings and this appears to work.

Thank you for the pointer.

tesco

Portal Member
    March 27, 2009
    Could someone update the OP with what one needs to do with MP 1.0.1? Can we just skip step 1 and 2 and go straight to step 3?

dqv69

Portal Member
    December 8, 2008
    First of all, great job with your mp modification. But i've got a problem with the refresh rate changer.
    I've create 3 scripts, and test them manualy. They work great, the refresh rate change to 24, 50 and 60. I can see in my TV information (Samsung LE37M86) the refresh rate changing. But When I watch a movie in MP, i see the little window that show me "cinema@24Hz" but when i look my TV information, I'm in 60Hz. When i came back to MP menu, the refresh rate goes back to my default value, 50 Hz, and it wok because i can see the change in my TV information.
    Does any one nows what append ?
    I've tried 12 noon scripts ans ATI profiles.
    Thx for your answers.

My configuration :
    Win XP 32bits 1980*1050
    MP 1.0.1
    Moving Pictures
    ATI HD4670
    TV SAMSUNG LE37M86
    connection : HDMI

allanp81

Portal Pro
    October 24, 2006
    I can't get this working for me. It seems to start playing back a video, then try and change the refresh rate and just dumps me back into the gui.

dqv69

Portal Member
    December 8, 2008
    I' ve try to set my refresh rate to 24Hz then i launch MP. I look the in my TV information, i can see 24Hz. When i launch the movie my refresh rate swithc to 60Hz. Any idea ?

I found an option in catalyst panel that foce the display to 60Hz in fullscreen applications. When i unset this option, the refresh rate work. but now I've got some trouble with the movie. The movie flick a lot. I test with an mkv rip from a BDRom. I've test with different codec :
    ffdshow -> flick a lot.
    other ( cyberlink, MPC) no image the screen stay black.

I'm tired with all this test, the night will help i guess.
    I will make some other test tomorow (maybe Core AVC) .

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom