Automatic Scan of Movies without MP (1 Viewer)

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Is there a way through Moving Pictures Config.exe to start config - do a scan and autoclose when ready? So i can do an automatic scan on my servers and later publish his .db to all the clients.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    You might want to look into MPExtended, because it can do this. There is even a 3rd party script floating around to sync the master db to all your clients, so be sure to check the forums.

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    My problem is not syncing the DB but scanning it on a central system.

kjarrig

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Iceland Iceland
    Do you have a central system without MediaPortal? If so, do you keep your movies there, and would like to scan the folders, and update the db on your main MediaPortal machine? If I understand you correctly, that's how I'm having my setup. Have a computer which stores the movies, tv series etc. On my main MediaPortal machine, I have MovingPicutres scanning the server folders, and use MPSync plugin to sync the db to other machines which I have at home.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    My problem is not syncing the DB but scanning it on a central system.

I gave you an answer to both.

#1 = The auto syncing on main system can be done with MPExtended without the need to have MePo or MovPic config running. There are many other benefits to MPExtended as well, such as ability to view media remotely (indoors via WiFi or outdoors via internet/3G/etc).

#2 = To distribute the master-db to clients, you can use 3rd party plugin, which @kjarrig reminded me off is called MPSync.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    They do not appear to be advertising this feature, but I know it works, because @Lyfesaver74 uses it as such for his server + many-client setup. It even works with IMDb+ on the server side and does not require him to have MePo and/or any other config running, other then of course the MPExtended service.

I've installed it myself on a box, and it installs really quick. Except in that case it was all on the same HTPC, and MPExtended was also used for aMPdroid and WiFiRemote.

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    It's a feature we're experimenting with, but it's in no way ready for public release and I can't promise it will be in the next version.

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    @Oxan is correct (of course). It is only available in the 0.6 dev version of MPE, but anyone can compile and use it. Its not polished, but it does work.

Users who are viewing this thread