Automatically start MP fullscreen on secondary display (2 Viewers)

dhannema

Portal Member
January 4, 2006
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Wow that was quick! And it works like a charm.
Thanks :), but I only try to catch up with this thread in the weekend!

Now to my next issue. Since my two displays has different resolutions I have to uncheck Use exclusive DirectX mode or else MediaPortal will crash. With this setting I'm experiencing tearing (no surprise I guess).

Mhhh... My set-up is 1280x1024 primary display on a monitor and 800x600 secondary on a TV and I don't have any problem with tearing. I constantly have full refresh rates and 25 fps during playback of which I already posted the results earlier. The only two options that I have enabled are "Start mediaportal in fullscreen mode" and "autohide mouse cursor in fullscreen mode when idle".

Perhaps another user has had similar problems and found a solution ???

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I've solved my tearing-problem by installing Vista! I use MP with exclusive mode turned off and there's no tearing at all.

quackpack

February 16, 2007
    Gothenburgh
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I have tried to open MP in fullscreen on my tv, but when I run the mp_player.exe thru my shortcut I created with then the path to the mediaportal.exe file it opens the folder on my second screen witch contain MediaPortal.exe, and selecs the .exe file and then notinhg more happens? Any ideas?

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I think this is your problem
    Yes, this is a known 'feature' of mp_start. What happens is that mp_start searches for and waits for MediaPortal to start and looks at the window name to determine this. This means that if there are multiple windows starting with the name 'MediaPortal' or 'Media Portal' that there is a chance that the wrong window will be sent to the secondary monitor !
    So close any programs starting with "MediaPortal" (which also means this forum:))

quackpack

February 16, 2007
    Gothenburgh
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I think this is your problem
    Yes, this is a known 'feature' of mp_start. What happens is that mp_start searches for and waits for MediaPortal to start and looks at the window name to determine this. This means that if there are multiple windows starting with the name 'MediaPortal' or 'Media Portal' that there is a chance that the wrong window will be sent to the secondary monitor !
    So close any programs starting with "MediaPortal" (which also means this forum:))

Could this be so easy :) :oops:
    Have to test this once i get back to my computer.

Vuego, I noticed you installed Vista, are you able to use MP on secondscreen and work with the computer normally on the primary? Ordered Vista to my new pc yesterday a little bit curious.

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Sure, the primary screen works normally with MP on secondary.

reaper1984

Portal Member
    March 23, 2007
    Second Monitor working??

I've had success on this from a different angle.

Using UltraMon you can run a script that will switch your primary monitor. Download the script here and then set it as a shortcut and program it to be a button on your remote... works a charm for me and very simple to do.

and you can switch your monitor back to primary afterwards...

Dal

Portal Member
    March 27, 2006
    I have tried this nice program now, and it detects my secondary display settings and starts in full screen on the secondary display as intended. But as soon as I open a video file or start live tv, it pops right back to the primary screen.

Anyone else had this problem and now the fix for it?

Thanks

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Yes, you need to disable DirectX Exclusive mode. It can be found under General settings for v0.2.2.0 or DirectShow Filter Control / Video Mixing Render 9 Settings for the SVN.

Dal

Portal Member
    March 27, 2006
    Yes, you need to disable DirectX Exclusive mode. It can be found under General settings for v0.2.2.0 or DirectShow Filter Control / Video Mixing Render 9 Settings for the SVN.

Found it. Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom