Automatically start MP fullscreen on secondary display (1 Viewer)

Ponyriemen

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 9, 2007
    /root/home
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Guys,

(sorry 4 my bad english, iam German)

does that mean, that it is now possible with RC1 to run MP on the extended Desktop? Or am I wrong....

Greetz

kamelot

Portal Member
    May 15, 2007
    yes, using mp_start with my recompiled version of MP 0.2.3 RC1 opens MP on my second display (TV) with all full directx support.

skalman

Portal Member
    June 25, 2007
    I use EventGhost to control MP with a remote. It can send commands to MP even if it isn't in focus.

How do you configure Eventghost to control MP? i've installed the program but i haven't got the hang of it yet. I'm using a MCE remote.

I guess the first step is to install the MCE Replacement Driver and activate the MCE Remote plugin?

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hey I don't own a MCE remote but I guess you would add support for it in the same way I did with my Tira.

1. Click Add plugin and select MCE. Put it in Autostart.
    2. Create a macro for the command you wish to program. I.e Button 0 on the remote.
    3. Add an Action Window/Emulate Keystrokes and type the keyboard key to emulate = 0.
    4. To send this keystroke only to MediaPortal, even if unfocused, add another Action. Select Window/Find a Window. Select MediaPortal.exe from the programs running list. Be sure to place this Action above the Emulate Keystrokes action. You can test the action by selecting the macro and pressing F5.
    5. Finally to program this event to trigger by a remote key, press the key on your remote and it should appear in the log window. Simply drag this Event and drop it on your macro.
    The next time EventGhost receives this trigger from the remote it will execute the macro.

skalman

Portal Member
    June 25, 2007
    Hey I don't own a MCE remote but I guess you would add support for it in the same way I did with my Tira.

1. Click Add plugin and select MCE. Put it in Autostart.
    2. Create a macro for the command you wish to program. I.e Button 0 on the remote.
    3. Add an Action Window/Emulate Keystrokes and type the keyboard key to emulate = 0.
    4. To send this keystroke only to MediaPortal, even if unfocused, add another Action. Select Window/Find a Window. Select MediaPortal.exe from the programs running list. Be sure to place this Action above the Emulate Keystrokes action. You can test the action by selecting the macro and pressing F5.
    5. Finally to program this event to trigger by a remote key, press the key on your remote and it should appear in the log window. Simply drag this Event and drop it on your macro.
    The next time EventGhost receives this trigger from the remote it will execute the macro.

Thanks! I noticed now that the MCE Replacement Plugin controls MP even if it's unfocused but i'm gonna try this for some other apps.

yes, using mp_start with my recompiled version of MP 0.2.3 RC1 opens MP on my second display (TV) with all full directx support.

Could you upload this file or send it to me?

Try this file and let me know ...

It Works! but do you know why the picture goes outside the screen?
    Here's a screenshot of how it looks:

My Primary is running 1680x1050 and the secondary with MP is 1360x768

Thanks for your help!

Edit: It only happens when i play a movie and use VMR9 rendering.

Viny

Portal Member
    July 18, 2007
    I am confused after reading all this pages, so i will straight ahead ask my question and hope i will get the answer.

I have installed the Media Portal on my laptop, Now what i want is that MP application should show up on my Laptop screen, and when i play the media it should be shown on my projector, thats connected to display 2 of the laptop. Is this possible ?

Display 1: Media Portal Application only
    Display 2: Display the movie played only.

Something like how the Movie Theater guy does, he has the application screens and what we see is just the movie. I dont want anything of MP to be shown on Display 2 other than the movie, all the controls etc's should be shown on display 1 including the mouse pointer. Making a perfect theater environment for my home.

druid9

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 31, 2006
    So to finally end all family problems....

My home computer runs games and stiff for the kids

MediaPortal (displayed on the TV) all the media stuff

My Streamzap remote controls Mediaportal whether it is in focus or not

10 virtual beers (and a real one if you are anywhere near Wollongong, NSW, Australia) if you can show me how.

Mediaportal works fine - displays fine and remote controls it fine, but only if i am the only one using the PC. One 11 year old gamer, and my life goes all to hell.

Anyone know if the can be achieved, and if so how.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom