Automatically start MP fullscreen on secondary display (1 Viewer)

fanoI

Portal Pro
December 26, 2006

With the modified exe on this thread I'm experiencing tearing issues (I've to disable Directx Exclusive mode :( ) so using the original exe I've tried your script
and now it works well and I can activate Directx Exclusive mode too :D no more tearing!!!

I've created an .exe file and I'm calling it whit my Imon remote as I do whit the original MP.exe to start Mediaportal but the put focus function that Mp has if already running don't work well (... it works but it switch uselessly the screen too...)

So I've changed it to avoid this:

Code:
#NoTrayIcon
;  It only puts the focus on and maximize it if was minimized if Mediaportal is already running.
If (WinExists ("MediaPortal") ) Then
	WinActivate ("MediaPortal") 
	Exit
EndIf

$MP_Path = "C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal"
RunWait ("RunDll32.exe NvCpl.dll,dtcfg Primary 2")
$MP_PID = Run ($MP_Path & "\MediaPortal.exe", $MP_Path)
WinWait ("MediaPortal - Home")
$ret = WinSetState ("MediaPortal - Home", "", @SW_MAXIMIZE)
RunWait ("RunDll32.exe NvCpl.dll,dtcfg Primary 1")
ProcessSetPriority ($MP_PID, 4)

It maximize MP if is accidentally minimized, too ;)

This AutoIt is really useful... so many interesting functions!!!

fanoI

silentio

Portal Member
February 26, 2007
hi,

i have a problem: i have replaced the Mediaportal.exe, but it does not work. A month ago I tried out starting mediaportal on second screen too, and there it works without causing any problems

Now i have bought a new TFT (connected via dvi)and I am not able to arrange to start mp on the second screen again.

maybe it has something to do with the path, but i have extra reinstalled mediaportal on C:/Programme/Team Mediaportal/Media Portal/, like I had a month ago.

I have also a new svn installed.

So I am really idealess

silentio

Portal Member
February 26, 2007
After a fresh install, now I have reached that it works again. Mediaportal is opening on fullscreen on the secondary screen, but I also see parts from it on the primary screen.
Maybe it has something to do with the resolution.
Primary: 1680x1050
Secondary: 1270x768

If I have the same resolution on both screens it works.

If I install the latest svn it did not work again.

thx siletnio

chiel

June 3, 2007
I just ask this to be shure.

Is it possible with this script to get MP on the secondary display in full screen, while an other person is working on the primary screen normaly with all windows on this primary screen with start buttons etc. etc. or not?

druid9

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 31, 2006
    The biggest problem I have is that acceleration only works on the primary display. With MP in full screen on the TV (set as secondary) my kids can browse the web, us Office products etc., but if they start playing games, weird things begin to occur.

Also, with two users at the machine, there is a constant fight for focus of the applications. I do remember reading something about automatically giving MP focus when the remote is used, but never found it again.

A multi user/multi use system can be made to work with the above limitations, but is still a bit clunky imho.

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I use EventGhost to control MP with a remote. It can send commands to MP even if it isn't in focus.

kamelot

Portal Member
    May 15, 2007
    I've recompiled the 0.2.2.0 version to use the secondary display by default.

See the start post for the executable !
    Thanks a lot for the recompiled version. Now it works like a charm
    I would like to test the 0.2.3.0 RC1, could you compile it the same way ?

Many thanks for your work Dhannema !

kamelot

Portal Member
    May 15, 2007
    I've recompiled the 0.2.2.0 version to use the secondary display by default.

See the start post for the executable !
    Thanks a lot for the recompiled version. Now it works like a charm
    I would like to test the 0.2.3.0 RC1, could you compile it the same way ?

Many thanks for your work Dhannema !

It is ok now. I've recompiled 0.2.3.0 RC1 with your modifications. mp_start works now again with MP 0.2.3.0 RC1 :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom