ts2k

merci1983

Portal Pro
November 13, 2004
Near Bremen
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi,

thanks for fixing the problem with autoplay dvd´s and audio-cd´s.
I´m using a cvs-version from last night (22.11.2004) and it works really great :lol: :lol: :lol: .

But i hope like technosoft for the possibility to autoplay s(vcd)s with mediaportal.

I´ve searched the todo-list but could not find something like this.

I hope for an (positive :lol: )answer

merci1983

dgtalzone

July 19, 2006
Lower Hutt
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Autoplay VCD/SVCD

It will be very much appreciated if this feature can be incorporated. My kids have a number of Mandarin educational VCD's and at the moment I have to maintain a separate DVD player for them. It will be great if they can just pop the VCD into the Shuttle and it will play like a DVD does.

Hopefully there is enough desire/requirement for this feature to justification its inclusion in the near future.

Thanks in advance.

TesterBoy

Portal Pro
July 10, 2006
Lower Hutt
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Is anything happening about this? I also have some VCD's (funnily enough they're in Mandarin as well :) ), and it would give me a few more WAF points if they could be played simply...

O

~ok|

hi,

I've posted a patch on sourceforge http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1540145&group_id=107397&atid=647927
that adds preliminary (S)VCD support.
Code base is originally from yesterday SVN (13/08/2006 rev.9872).
If your handy with code compilation and interested in this feature, then please download the modifications and test them on your side if you can.
Read the patch summary on sourceforge beforehand.

If the code seems robust enough, I will propose the patch for merging with current SVN. I won't bother the developers before it.

trosty

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 6, 2004
    Zurich/Switzerland
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    I can't test it as I don't use SVNs and am not into coding at all.

But my suggestion (if it is not meant like that) would be that when I press the "Play DVD"-button it just starts the (S)VCD in the drive as it was a DVD. No need for an extra button - as most users won't have a DVD and a (S)VCD in their drives at the same time ;) .

O

~ok|

The patch has been withdrawn from sourceforge.

This will put the request into limbo until someone else wants to propose another hack I think.

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    ~ok| said:
    The patch has been withdrawn from sourceforge.

This will put the request into limbo until someone else wants to propose another hack I think.

Maybe you should talk with the developers on IRC to see why they rejected it?

mPod

Portal Pro
    January 26, 2005
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I rejected it cause there is already support for (S)VCD, you just have to install this filter and you got all you need.

What does your code do better? That was not clear in the SF description.

Users who are viewing this thread