Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Autoper said:
    What is the reason that audio and video gets out of sync, and what can be done to prevent this?
    Could you be a bit more specific - does this happen when watching live TV, timeshifted TV, recorded TV, DVDs, video files.....or what?

I have never experienced any A/V synch issues, so I am guessing that it is something in your setup.....

Stunt

January 10, 2006
    I have problems with AV sync also.

After about 1hour of recording the Audio is approximately 1-2sec ahead of video.

I have tried selecting different Audio / Video codecs, but the problem persists.

I haven't noticed any problems when watching live TV or using timeshifting.

Any ideas how to get around this problem?

Area: Media Portal Program
    MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC2 (2006-01-13)
    MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo
    Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2)
    .NET CLR Version: 2.0.50727
    DirectX Version: 4.09.00.0904 (9.0c)
    Audio Codec: Intervideo Audio Decoder
    Video Codec: Intervideo Video Decoder
    CPU Type: Intel Pentium 4 - 2.53GHz
    Memory: 2 GB
    Motherboard: P4C800-E (ASUSTeK Computer Inc.)
    TV Card Model: Plextor PX-TV402U
    TV Card Type: Hardware
    TV Card Driver: -
    Video Card Model: Nvidia Geforce 6800 GT (256 MB)
    Video Card Driver: -
    Video Card Resolution: 1600x1200
    Video Render Type: VMR9
    Audio Card Model: SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio
    Audio Card Driver: -
    Synopsis:: -

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Good. I am pleased that that is now working for you. :) If you have ever looked at MP debug log files, you may have noticed that apparent errors are not rare, but these are "errors" that do not affect the functioning of the product. (It is not desirable to have these errors in the log file, as it misleads users, testers, and...
    Good. I am pleased that that is now working for you. :) If you have ever looked at MP debug log files, you may have noticed that...
    Hi, I am reinstalling MediaPortal 1.13 on a new W10 64Bit computer. In need to use this old version because of TVWishlist. So my...
    Replies
    Views
    If anyone ever experiences the above, I found a fix. Removing and reinstalling MP-TVSeries fixed it. It must have gotten corrupted during the reinstall of MP. I also had to do the same with TRAKT which had some issues too that were not apparent at the time. All is well once again. :cool:
    If anyone ever experiences the above, I found a fix. Removing and reinstalling MP-TVSeries fixed it. It must have gotten corrupted...
    After much trial and error and comparing this computer with another that was working, I finally found out that Fanarthandler...
    Replies
    Views
    Sums up the problem I am having. Sorry if I wasn't clear. No, #selectedthumb is not preserved on going to the next window. That's exactly what I am trying to solve. An example is moving from mytvrecordedtv.xml to mytvRecordedInfo. The variable changes from a screen grab thumbnail from the video file to a channel logo during...
    Sums up the problem I am having. Sorry if I wasn't clear. No, #selectedthumb is not preserved on going to the next window. That's...
    Good evening, I have a basic understanding of using skin.setstring and am able to set a skin property when a control gets focus...
    Replies
    Views
    Check this web page for the informations about he plugin. To fix the issue, I recommend to uninstal and install the plugin again (if you need it).
    Check this web page for the informations about he plugin. To fix the issue, I recommend to uninstal and install the plugin again...
    I've just installed MP 1.31 with Streamed skin, IMDB+ plugin, Moving Pictures and MP-TV Series. First time starting up MP to...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi Framug, Thank you, you helped me a lot.
    Hi Framug, Thank you, you helped me a lot.
    Hi, i want to delete a video via the 0-Key (Zero). But other than the focus jumps to the top of the list nothing happens. Then i...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom